Gecko
Well-known member
Anyone using a cheap/free CAD package?
I used to be competent with a big expensive package, but that was ages ago and I'd have to learn it again.
As my needs are more modest, a low(ish) end program will be enough. That said, having used parametric functions, it'd be hard to go back to a simple 2D sketch prog.
Home/student versions of the professional packages used to be available, but crippled in ways made then too limited.
My immediate need is drawings to send to a laser cutter, but the learning curve is steep for any CAD and it'd be easier not to change and start fresh.
So - anyone using a package you'd recommend?
I used to be competent with a big expensive package, but that was ages ago and I'd have to learn it again.
As my needs are more modest, a low(ish) end program will be enough. That said, having used parametric functions, it'd be hard to go back to a simple 2D sketch prog.
Home/student versions of the professional packages used to be available, but crippled in ways made then too limited.
My immediate need is drawings to send to a laser cutter, but the learning curve is steep for any CAD and it'd be easier not to change and start fresh.
So - anyone using a package you'd recommend?