C****

pettsy

pettsy

Went to Nottingham a few weeks ago to see James acaster. Tram into city center “swipe card to pay” Food place “can you pay on card as we haven’t got any change in the till” Bar at theatre royal “card only, no cash”

Had a reasonable amount of cash in my wallet and wasn’t able to spend a penny of it. 🤬

T

topkit

I always have some cash stuff the card only brigade! I was talking to the land lady of a pub and she now asks people to open a tab when they arrive as the walk in buy a pint on their card or phone then 10 mins later the walk back up to the bar to purchase a packet of crisps on their card or phone and then again for the next pint and so on, Then the pub is paying for each of these transactions. Funnily enough the last couple of days B&Q have had some kind of a problem at there branch here and can only take cash!! last year the local cafe went card only and had to close for three days after the pickeys pinched the telephone cables so there was no Broadband or phone line for the card machines to work there is alot to be said about good old cash we have had it for hundreds of years for a reason!

Last edited:
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
The system they had before also led to false accusations of theft, hope that they let Fujitsu into the secret. If they didn't there will be a massive counter-claim for loss of reputation and we know who will be paying for that one 😡
" loss of reputation " FFS .... the system was a shambles, start to finish ....
Fujitsu should be footing the bill for a lot of it ... not the bloody tax payers ....
they were paid handsomely for a piece of sh1t system that just didn't work ....
problem is they have their foot in so many Gov. doors as well ...

Pam says they used to do BWW's and it was a piece of crap, not fit for purpose, constantly crashing and generally a generic system cobbled together to supposedly suit their needs - which it fell massively short of doing.

6feetdown

" loss of reputation " FFS .... the system was a shambles, start to finish ....
Fujitsu should be footing the bill for a lot of it ... not the bloody tax payers ....
they were paid handsomely for a piece of sh1t system that just didn't work ....
problem is they have their foot in so many Gov. doors as well ...

Pam says they used to do BWW's and it was a piece of crap, not fit for purpose, constantly crashing and generally a generic system cobbled together to supposedly suit their needs - which it fell massively short of doing.
Yep people should end up in prison for this. Few videos on tube showing recorded messages of high level people who knew about it

6feetdown

Went to Nottingham a few weeks ago to see James acaster. Tram into city center “swipe card to pay” Food place “can you pay on card as we haven’t got any change in the till” Bar at theatre royal “card only, no cash”

Had a reasonable amount of cash in my wallet and wasn’t able to spend a penny of it. 🤬
Pub by us went card only during the coof. Refused me entry as said no Id or cards on me. Adamant it would stay card only last year reverted back to cash.
Lazy people buying crisps etc on card

6feetdown

This was doing the rounds last week

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240414_124047_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20240414_124047_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 56
TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

That's either some crap wages or daft charges.
We pay about 1 to 2% max depending on card.
Bank wants 0.7% to pay cash in ... Insurance will only cover 6k in cash and often less now.
What would you do? 😖
If you consider that a 1% charge is equivalent to taking 10% of a 10% profit margin. Perhaps not so crazy!!
Cash doesn’t shrink every time you use it!!

D

Diggerdavey

That's either some crap wages or daft charges.
We pay about 1 to 2% max depending on card.
Bank wants 0.7% to pay cash in ... Insurance will only cover 6k in cash and often less now.
What would you do? 😖
Some card charges are 1-2% but also flat 35pence. On several small transactions this soon adds up I would think