Budget and red diesel restrictions

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Sorry dumb question here, what's white like to keep? Not thinking of mega long term just a couple of IBC's inside our unit...? Anything to watch out for. Never stored white .

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Sorry dumb question here, what's white like to keep? Not thinking of mega long term just a couple of IBC's inside our unit...? Anything to watch out for. Never stored white .
used to keep 30,000+ litres .... but was never in the tanks long enough to have any issues .... had a full delivery every 7-8 days

A

Alan caddy

They won't fill drums up here or barrels or ibc got to be proper bowser or fuel tank not too keen unless it's bundled either, it's there company policy can't do much about it either as there are only 2 company's up here

D

DaveDCB

never had problems in the past, I always help the driver drag the hose tho 😎

Routy56

Routy56

They won't fill drums up here or barrels or ibc got to be proper bowser or fuel tank not too keen unless it's bundled either, it's there company policy can't do much about it either as there are only 2 company's up here
Thanks Alan for this info'. YesSharon said that the driver yesterday mentioned that it was their company policy :oops:
Let's hope today's delivery of red is a different company ;)

Routy56

Routy56

never had problems in the past, I always help the driver drag the hose tho 😎
Yes Dave - I've let Sharon know that's what she got to do.
P7151286.jpeg
She has just said that you can go without - WTF :ROFLMAO:

doobin

doobin

Well when my 50k loan from the government comes through, I;m considering treating myself to a proper (second hand) bunded tank plus some diesel whilst it's cheap.

What are people paying for red, fame free and white?

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
Well when my 50k loan from the government comes through, I;m considering treating myself to a proper (second hand) bunded tank plus some diesel whilst it's cheap.

What are people paying for red, fame free and white?
Let us know how you get on applying for the £50,000. 2.5% with 12 months interest free looks handy to me.

J

Jimoz

Are there any penalties for early repayment. 50k interest free for a year sounds alright

D

DaveDCB

Let us know how you get on applying for the £50,000. 2.5% with 12 months interest free looks handy to me.
I do believe it’s 25% of turnover up to a max of 50k, I think you can give an estimate turnover but obvs the bank knows what’s gone through your account so they’ll know! No real point in me trying as my turnover has been low last 12months as I have been concentrating on new yard/getting married/building a new house - all the expensive things in one year 😳

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk
Conversation of the Loans came up yesterday with a friend who is gunning for one.

My gut feeling is I will be leaving them where they are.... rightly or wrongly. I'd be around the £20k mark if I took one, whilst 20k for 12 months FOC is a lovely thought simple fact is I think that next year is going to be very very bleak.

Routy56

Routy56

Conversation of the Loans came up yesterday with a friend who is gunning for one.

My gut feeling is I will be leaving them where they are.... rightly or wrongly. I'd be around the £20k mark if I took one, whilst 20k for 12 months FOC is a lovely thought simple fact is I think that next year is going to be very very bleak.
I think you are right Rory about there are tough times ahead :(
On a positive note I also think that once things ease a bit, in this game we are gonna be busy :cool:

Furniss

Furniss

We have same offer 25% of turnover up to 50k - interest free ... and have already been contacted by the bank to ask if we want it :unsure:

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

I am tempted but I also worry what the next 12/24 months will bring. Part of me things to get another trick to be more self contained and also to be able to do some aggregate/topsoil....but when I picked up the riddle bucket yesterday and saw there beaver tail and tipper trucks parked up, I thought I will be adding to the overheads when I can only sit on one machine. And to date, the 3 tonner still returns more work for its cost than anything else!!

Furniss

Furniss

I could think of a few ways to spend the 50k - but as you say Shaun it just adds to the overheads - can only drive one thing at once - my 3 diggers get about 1000hrs a year between them.