Broken 803

L

LKSF

Pennine Hillbilly
I wonder if anyone would know where to start looking for this problem?
I was doing some digging etc and most of the hydraulics just stopped working. Everything which is operated by the left and right hand controls doesn't work, there is no resistance when you move the sticks. The tracks still operate, but only on low speed, high speed doesn't.
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
I wonder if anyone would know where to start looking for this problem?
I was doing some digging etc and most of the hydraulics just stopped working. Everything which is operated by the left and right hand controls doesn't work, there is no resistance when you move the sticks. The tracks still operate, but only on low speed, high speed doesn't.
I’d start by checking your servo deadman circuit. Work back from the arm switch
 
L

LKSF

Pennine Hillbilly
Thanks, i'll look into it. I have no idea what it looks like, or where it is, but i'll do some 'digging around' in there :rolleyes:

I have another problem too, it wouldn't be linked would it? I don't think so, but It's been doing it for ages and it got much worse yesterday at the same time.
It began when I went to turn the key off and the engine ran on a few seconds before stopping, it seems to do it worse the warmer the engine gets, doesn't do it when cold at all.
Sometimes I can turn the key off after working and the engine runs on until i'm out of the cab, then it cuts off. Yesterday at the same time it wouldn't switch off at all, just carried on running. I lifted up the engine hatch and saw some electrical dodah on the back of the fuel pump, solenoid maybe? I pulled the wire off the back and it stopped.
I think this is a separate issue and maybe needs a new thingy perhaps? Whatever it is...
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
short in the wiring loom somewhere ... killed yer deadman circuit and is keeping your stop solenoid alive
 
Gecko

Gecko

Well-known member
Definitely the thingy or the dohah - try ebay for new ones!

It's promising it cut out when you opened the connector.
Next time, pull fuse F2. That should do the same thing, but from further up the loom.

When it is 'running on', does the fuel gauge show a reading or drop to zero.

It's possible an alternator fault is keeping the circuit energised.

(the solenoid is No.11)

1682508354365.png
 
Last edited:
L

LKSF

Pennine Hillbilly
Thanks for your input! There is a microswitch under the armrest by the door which lifts up, in the past someone had wired it closed, but the wire had fallen off. Back up and running now.

What the other problem is I don't know yet, but thanks for the pointers and diagram. Due to the age of the machine someone has been at the wiring before me with all kinds of bodges and add ons. One is a non original red wire going from the cab back to the alternator....
 
Top