Brick cutting machine

diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
Got a big job starting soon. There's going to be lots of brick work involved.
Barn conversion so the brick work is all doorways, windows etc. So lots of cuts and closures. Normally just use electric/petrol saw but I think a table saw would be better.
Anyone got anything or know of something,
 
groundworker

groundworker

Well-known member
Clipper saw

Got a Mini Clipper sat in my container that I never use, really good tool for bricks or block pavers but the motor is worn out so it's easy to stall.

If you've got loads to do the bigger model (CM501 is the common one I think) will have more power and cut several at a time.
 
diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
Clipper saw

Got a Mini Clipper sat in my container that I never use, really good tool for bricks or block pavers but the motor is worn out so it's easy to stall.

If you've got loads to do the bigger model (CM501 is the common one I think) will have more power and cut several at a time.
They will be only Cheshire bricks, soft as cheese. Where abouts are you. Has it water because that's a must.
My idea or want, is water and electric.
Thanks
 
6

6feetdown

Well-known member
If you do slabs too maybe worth thinking about something like this. Nearly bought 1 2 years ago but everywhere had no stock due to the scamdemic
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
They will be only Cheshire bricks, soft as cheese. Where abouts are you. Has it water because that's a must.
My ideal or want, is water and electric.
Thanks
if you go for a big clipper and find a s/hand one, check the motor plate for start current ... Rio's needed a 16A supply on start, but ran on 8A ... kept blowing fuses 'til i put a 16A plug on it for a 16A circuit and breaker
WP_20200729_16_10_45_Pro.jpg
WP_20200729_16_10_26_Pro.jpg
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
That's the thing I'm after. Not too pretty but does the job. Nothing to fancy because it will be kept outside
I doubt Rio would sell it TBH ... he bought it new - then lent it to a mate - that's the state it came back in - I had to make it some new wheels cos all the 'proper' ones were fooked on the bed trolley - new blade and it worked a treat .. spent quite a bit of time on it chopping stuff for Rio for our wall .. I can ask him if he'd part with it if you like
 
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
I’ve this belle ms521 petrol, water recirculating 14” blade great tool for repeated cuts. Picked mine up from auction make 200-300 every month
 

Attachments

  • 8029E264-6E3A-4AB8-BBA4-010D10187FD9.jpeg
    8029E264-6E3A-4AB8-BBA4-010D10187FD9.jpeg
    327.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 5943E59D-D2CC-4617-B690-7F3F3601C06D.jpeg
    5943E59D-D2CC-4617-B690-7F3F3601C06D.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 186
diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
I doubt Rio would sell it TBH ... he bought it new - then lent it to a mate - that's the state it came back in - I had to make it some new wheels cos all the 'proper' ones were fooked on the bed trolley - new blade and it worked a treat .. spent quite a bit of time on it chopping stuff for Rio for our wall .. I can ask him if he'd part with it if you like
Ask him. You only want him to sell it me because when I pick it up I'll have to fetch some tat down you've bought and stored at mogmans
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
here you are Dylan @diggerjones ... probably need to be quick at that price
1710082760121.png
 
Giles

Giles

Well-known member
I use a bigger version for block and beam floors or when we did big industrial site needed loads of 50mm slips to finish at right height so worked a treat could get two block on table and cut away
 
Top