Breakers & Attachments now fitted with tracker device

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
My fear whit it is they are based down the south of England, will they bother to make a trip to the north of Scotland to help me find my bit of kit that's been nicked ?

F

fred

My fear whit it is they are based down the south of England, will they bother to make a trip to the north of Scotland to help me find my bit of kit that's been nicked ?

From their T & C’s, basically your insurance would cough.

A UK mainland radio finding operation may be subject to a “finding fee” of £500 for an agent to attend site. Finding fees are only charged when assets are found and would, where reasonably possible, be confirmed with the client or the insurance company prior to an agent being deployed.

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Impressive, is that service included in the yearly rate?

Gunners

Gunners

So been meaning to do this for a while. I've just bought 3 units from Automatrics. They were very helpful on the phone and units have been delivered next day. They told me the finders fee was included in the yearly subscription as well as £200 towards recovery transport if required. The way I see it is I would pay £1k for someone to get my 8026 back. I would never get a replacement and with its DC2 box and Idig it would cost me thousands to replace which insurance never covers the full cost. For peace of mind, the cost is nothing. I paid £140+vat per unit and its £120+vat per unit per year for monitoring if you pay for a year outright. I've got the bigger 4+ which has a battery life of up to 5 years. A replacement battery when the time comes is £35+vat which I thought was reasonable.
What I like about this system is it doesn't talk to the network constantly and only connects a couple of times a day. Not ideal if you want live tracking but very good at staying undetected when it gets stolen. This helps the tracker stay in place and a successful recovery made.
Lets face it, if they want something, they will have it. Prevention is better than a cure and the less juicy your machine is the better but recovering it after the event is the best outcome after that. Lets hope I never have to meet the guy in the videos.....

K

Komatsu

Just thinking out loud Ollie, if the “DC2” is able to be remotely adjusted, are they able to track where abouts it is??... i.e, should a DC2 unit get stolen, then reinstalled on another machine somewhere could it be found?? @Engcon UK

Gunners

Gunners

Just thinking out loud Ollie, if the “DC2” is able to be remotely adjusted, are they able to track where abouts it is??... i.e, should a DC2 unit get stolen, then reinstalled on another machine somewhere could it be found?? @Engcon UK
When I had an issue getting my Auger to work, I had to use a phone to connect to the DC2 box which Engcon then used to take control of my settings. Its quite impressive when someone can fix an issue you are having, from 100 miles away on a Sunday afternoon! I don't think the DC2 box can connect on its own so wouldnt be able to track it without it being connected through someones phone.

K

Komatsu

When I had an issue getting my Auger to work, I had to use a phone to connect to the DC2 box which Engcon then used to take control of my settings. Its quite impressive when someone can fix an issue you are having, from 100 miles away on a Sunday afternoon! I don't think the DC2 box can connect on its own so wouldnt be able to track it without it being connected through someones phone.
Yeh, it is very impressive when you see it working like that. Understand what your saying and just had a bit of conversation with Robert about it.

Engcon UK

Engcon UK

The Noble Art of Digging
Had a conversation with Ollie @Komatsu about this on the way into work. There are three elements to a tilty installation (and, by inference, a de-installation in the case of theft). The attractive bit of kit is the thing on the end of the dipper, but to make it work on all but the most basic systems one requires a control system and a set of joysticks. Both of these are hard-wired into the digger and, as one forum member will witness today, a de-install (for a re-install on a new machine after Crimbo), takes a long time.

So basically, pinching the big bit on the end of the dipper may be relatively simple, but getting it to work afterwards is far from that. You will need a new control system and that's pretty much a captive market. We would need the serial number of the tilty to supply one and calibration, as Neil @Nasco will testify, is a skilled task. Our OTA (Over-The-Air) diagnostics would look for the tiltrotator's digital fingerprint if you were connecting using our app. Just to answer Ollie @Gunners point, the DC2 system currently requires a mobile phone connected via bluetooth to use this facility.

Where this started was with Breakers. The difference between a breaker and a tilty is the former doesn't need the extra bits to make it work and is pretty much plug and play. Until such time as diggers get to the level of sophistication that they can control the tilty using a higher order digital control system, then the attractiveness of tilties of any colour to the criminal fraternity will remain low.

Engcon UK

Engcon UK

The Noble Art of Digging
Its quite impressive when someone can fix an issue you are having, from 100 miles away on a Sunday afternoon!
Jamie, Tim or one of our Service Partners, Ollie? Just our of interest as I'd like to thank them :)

Gunners

Gunners

Jamie, Tim or one of our Service Partners, Ollie? Just our of interest as I'd like to thank them :)
Think it was Tim I spoke to, who worked his magic when I was performing many head rubs back in June (gold rush reference there for those in the know 🤪 ) But the original call out was to Neil at Nasco (who put me onto Tim) who has to put up with me contacting him at various hours of the day with another "I've forgotten how to do this" or my latest one was when my Idig decided it didn't understand what gravity was. Quick video of the problem over facebook and a video reply came minutes after, showing me how to sort it. Problem solved by the time I'd put the kettle on and the customer was none the wiser that I'd been digging in the sky for the last hour😆

Engcon UK

Engcon UK

The Noble Art of Digging
Think it was Tim I spoke to, who worked his magic when I was performing many head rubs back in June (gold rush reference there for those in the know 🤪 ) But the original call out was to Neil at Nasco (who put me onto Tim) who has to put up with me contacting him at various hours of the day with another "I've forgotten how to do this" or my latest one was when my Idig decided it didn't understand what gravity was. Quick video of the problem over facebook and a video reply came minutes after, showing me how to sort it. Problem solved by the time I'd put the kettle on and the customer was none the wiser that I'd been digging in the sky for the last hour😆
Thanks for the feedback, Ollie (y)