Breaker

Furniss

Furniss

After a breaker for odds n sods - got a little demo job coming up and it might be handy for where cant get machine one in, wont use it much at all so dont wont to spend daft money, you see loads of Titan etc or are you best with Hilti etc ?
1000015271.jpg
1000015272.jpg

Simon edwards

Simon edwards

Bought a draper from screwfix a couple of years ago for about 300 quid instead of a 1500 quid makita , been really good punches above its weight regularly,I reasoned to buy buy 4 of them over time instead of one makita sort o made sense.

S

Smiffy

The Chinese ones are great and can be returned easily under warranty at Screwfix etc but the havs are shocking in comparison to hilti. Even the Bosch and Makita can't compare to hilti.
But tbh nothing beats a beaver pack

Furniss

Furniss

1000015275.jpg

Fair step up after that to have something sensible vibes wise.....dont want pack to trail around really for what bit i need.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
have used that Titan a while ago ... as said horrible vibes, but fairly knocks concrete about and for the money is almost a disposable tool ... Dan slim Weston (localdiggers-CEF) had a 'fleet' of 'em at varying ages and was constantly throwing them back and updating on his 3 yr warranties :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: .. tool for life :rolleyes:

Jimbo69

Jimbo69

I’ve got the Erbauer one from Screwfix, I mostly use it for breaking out old concrete for fence posts. Does the job great and the vibes are a lot better than the titan.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I’ve got the Erbauer one from Screwfix, I mostly use it for breaking out old concrete for fence posts. Does the job great and the vibes are a lot better than the titan.
not seen that one ... didn't know Erbauer did one .. got their corded recip saw and a battery drill .. both have been very good

Furniss

Furniss

Appreciate the input on the breakers 👌 screwfix france is quite new so should be handy for us.
1000015277.jpg

Anybody used these for conc with steel in ?

B

Brendan

Makita hm1812 best bang for buck, similar power to the hilti and a third of the price.
Only issue is the weight and size as at 30kg it's a bit unweildly
All the cheap ones are horrendous for vibrations

S

Smiffy

Makita hm1812 best bang for buck, similar power to the hilti and a third of the price.
Only issue is the weight and size as at 30kg it's a bit unweildly
All the cheap ones are horrendous for vibrations

Those full size ones are a different kettle of fish though. No good for the type of work that the titan size breakers excel at

D

DaveDCB

I have the screwfix titan one, it’s heavy , gives you white finger/hand/arms and sandblasts you in places you wish it didn’t…. But that’s all good as it makes sure you get as much out as possible with the Machine!! Plus it’s cheap so when you drive over it it doesn’t matter! Oh and if it breaks just give it back for a full refund 😎

B

Brendan

I have the screwfix titan one, it’s heavy , gives you white finger/hand/arms and sandblasts you in places you wish it didn’t…. But that’s all good as it makes sure you get as much out as possible with the Machine!! Plus it’s cheap so when you drive over it it doesn’t matter! Oh and if it breaks just give it back for a full refund 😎
Check it's not bits of the brushes, not bought any titan kit for a while, but all the bits that were spitting out (enough that if you weren't wearing sleeves you would have red spots/sores) I thought was stone/concrete as seemed powerful, turns out if you put a piece of paper near the cooling/vent bit it was spitting metal out

Giles

Giles

For corded it’s hard to beat the hiltis I’ve got te56 and te75 and bigger av1000 they did us proud for years of work knocking out brick work some 400mm plus thick at the brake pad factory when we were on that for a few years.

Now we are more rural in our work these are our weapon of choice, I thought the top one was big until I got the really big one! 20 joules impact force on the big one.

Attachments

• IMG_8348.png
    IMG_8348.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 23