Bolt croppers- anyone still use them?

kabin man

kabin man

Well-known member
In process of clearing out bits i don't use/need, i have a pair of record 936 croppers that ive owned for years.
Before i chuck em on face ache sales to get a barrage of stupid offers and sob stories etc, id rather they go to a good home..
Back in the day i paid stupid money for them and never really used them and never will now..(plus im weak as piss now even if i did need.)
im near Oxford/Bicester and would travel a bit to drop off if it helps.
1715875065485.png

1715875128012.png
 
B

bobthebuilder

Well-known member
In process of clearing out bits i don't use/need, i have a pair of record 936 croppers that ive owned for years.
Before i chuck em on face ache sales to get a barrage of stupid offers and sob stories etc, id rather they go to a good home..
Back in the day i paid stupid money for them and never really used them and never will now..(plus im weak as piss now even if i did need.)
im near Oxford/Bicester and would travel a bit to drop off if it helps.
View attachment 60508
View attachment 60509
very nice ,would like these
 
S

Stroppymonkey

Well-known member
In process of clearing out bits i don't use/need, i have a pair of record 936 croppers that ive owned for years.
Before i chuck em on face ache sales to get a barrage of stupid offers and sob stories etc, id rather they go to a good home..
Back in the day i paid stupid money for them and never really used them and never will now..(plus im weak as piss now even if i did need.)
im near Oxford/Bicester and would travel a bit to drop off if it helps.
View attachment 60508
View attachment 60509
Beauty. I treasure my cheap set I inherited 20 years ago. Would love a pukka set like that! Not a religious man- but l I hope my grandfathers know how much value I place in the tools of theirs that I own and treasure and use :)
 
Cyberprog

Cyberprog

Well-known member
Those are lovely. I'd love them to go with my record vices! Sadly I'm skint, but not a million miles away from you. I use a smaller pair to cut wire basket at work occasionally.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
They're in fine fettle :cool: ... I have an identical pair ......... which I loaned to some tw*t years ago, who brought them back with the jaws looking like they'd been trying to crop tool steel with them - basically bu**ered ... were supposed to be replacing the jaws for me, but never did -- stopped the tosser asking to borrow ever again though :mad:
I prefer a thin disc these days .. and in a battery grinder they're now even more preferable:giggle:
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Use mine all the time, I have my dad’s old pair - very well used and have a fair wobble in them but I’m not bothered. Also have a spare second pair which I gained when clearing out a storage unit at a police station (they’d been confiscated from a criminal type) everything was destined for the skip so I filled my truck up with all sorts!
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Some of the record stuff still makes some money on ebay. I recently bought a load of sash clamps at £30 each.
'old' Record is still the same quality as when it was made (y)
 
Top