Bobcat of London

Regy53

Regy53

Administrator
So when i ran Southern Plant, Terex dealer . We then took on Case. I have mentioned before it was all fine but they started to ramp pressure, I was in charge and reported to the board and two others. Having meetings with high up individuals in CNH as a young GM and others was not the one. In the end the tail was wagging the dog. When these big organization's ramp up the pressure you are in for a ride. Did me in with stress in the end, left and setup my own. Bobcat of London now have no business. Silly situation

F

fred

john deer dealers have been forced to drop Manitou as JD have their own clone brand (french?),they dont do construction models though .....

B

Brendan

:) , they are to far away also taken up by versitile .
Have looked locally but it’s all sewn up atm
Surprised by that as until Pioneer plant in Leicester started doing bobcat the nearest dealer to Northampton was Stourport. Quite a few other main dealers in Northampton with Kubota, yanmar and takeuchi in corby

C

craig

john deer dealers have been forced to drop Manitou as JD have their own clone brand (french?),they dont do construction models though .....
John Deere have a % share in Kramer, that's what they are getting the dealers to sell. They are selling the turquoise green coloured one which are agricultural spec, Yellow ones are construction spec, don't know who sells them though, wacker neuson dealers? (they are part of wacker neuson)

Regy53

Regy53

Administrator
One of the nicest telehandlers I have driven

but I can tell via the enquiry’s , watchers and the like they are not there yet
7E66452A-7425-485C-8AB8-A7DA439EE04F.jpeg

C

craig

One of the nicest telehandlers I have driven

but I can tell via the enquiry’s , watchers and the like they are not there yet View attachment 20851
I deliver stuff for the local John Deere dealers, They`ve had 2 sizes of demo machine I`ve taken out, and seem well received. Sales guys where saying they`ve sold all they have had, and most of they next delivery are sold (numerous machines I think he said).

F

fred

dealer we got the manitou from said they weren't a patch on Manitou but were bringing out some new models.

F

fred

To be fair, he wasn't going to say they are better than the one he's trying to sell to you :ROFLMAO:
not really, known him a while. They were having to shut their construction hire as couldn't source any replacements.

Nick...

Nick...

I think all dealers are held over the coals by the machinery firms they represent,like John Deere,new holland,case and agco.if the stability is not there it’s not good for customers either.deere has recently tried to dictate to a Scottish dealer who promptly let them go and now sells kubota leaving a large void in Scotland with little coverage for Deere.serves em right as far as I’m concerned.the time is just about here for very large regional dealers and no small ones which is not good for customers.same in the plant world.we had a good case dealer in Norfolk 20 years ago,ft construction.they were then replaced with another company ,apam using the same site and then hanlon plant based well down south.im sure case lost lots of business through that.also still amazed at zero contact from 99.9% of dealers unless you chase them continually and absolutly zero social calls either.sign of the times.i must be unlucky but I’ve contacted at least 12 dealers and manufacturers in the last 18 months and been ignored by them all
nick...

S

Smiffy

Those kramer's have been sold in the uk for years by claas but claas now sell repainted leiberrs
Realy nice machines to drive with incredible break out force
The crowd ram on the older ones I've driven would pick the back of the machine up if you dug into a sticky muck heap

Regy53

Regy53

Administrator
I think all dealers are held over the coals by the machinery firms they represent,like John Deere,new holland,case and agco.if the stability is not there it’s not good for customers either.deere has recently tried to dictate to a Scottish dealer who promptly let them go and now sells kubota leaving a large void in Scotland with little coverage for Deere.serves em right as far as I’m concerned.the time is just about here for very large regional dealers and no small ones which is not good for customers.same in the plant world.we had a good case dealer in Norfolk 20 years ago,ft construction.they were then replaced with another company ,apam using the same site and then hanlon plant based well down south.im sure case lost lots of business through that.also still amazed at zero contact from 99.9% of dealers unless you chase them continually and absolutly zero social calls either.sign of the times.i must be unlucky but I’ve contacted at least 12 dealers and manufacturers in the last 18 months and been ignored by them all
nick...
This is exactly the experience I had with Case in 2012. Manufactures are a law into the their own right and treat dealers poorly. Case were ok but I have said it before the tail started to wag the dog

A

aidank

What are bobcat telehandlers like, i know they have a Daewoo engine and would be a bit less than a JCB for a similar model ? anyone any experience ?

L

Lazy Driver

They have done very well on a Local farm and they not easy on them and work them hard but are not the best at looking after them and are very nice to drive