Benford TV1200 drive problem

I

IvorT

Member
Check that there is no muck or stones in between the drum and the body. The benford units have one of the tightest clearances if i recall. We changed ours to a BOMAG as the clearance is greater. Usually an issue if the machines been used to compact damp clay or wet stone.
Its felt like the handbrake was on and lacked power if i recall
 
S

Steve Tivey

Member
Yep right on the money with starting here, I've had the solenoids fail but more often than not a wiring issue to them. Good shout (y)

Edit: on the TV800 the seat switch will latch the park brake, can't remember if this is the same for the TV1200. You have checked the seat switch?
The machine has a seat switch, it seams to make no difference as it starts with being on the seat or not and in past I have moved it without being sat on it. My fitter did think there was 2 white positive cables no neutral. The only solenoid we can find is on the main pump which also is working (red light)
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
The machine has a seat switch, it seams to make no difference as it starts with being on the seat or not and in past I have moved it without being sat on it. My fitter did think there was 2 white positive cables no neutral. The only solenoid we can find is on the main pump which also is working (red light)
unplug the coil, whip it off and give it some voltage ... see if produces a magnetic field in the bore by slipping a screw driver in .. should grab it if performing properly ... you'll at least know that's working then ... can work back looking for voltage from the plug back ... as said, the LED should light up when energised ... if it does and the coil isn't energised, suspect the plug's connections ... have had the terminals fail before now, not making contact with the coils terminals ... plugs're cheap enough to replace. .... if it doesn't light up, prise the cover off and try a meter on the actual ends of the wires ... those DIN plugs do fail /corrode/fall to bits internally
could light up but not be working :unsure:
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Ok as in all your great photos I need you to go round the roller, start at the drum motors (the ones with 4 hoses) the small hose with the 90 deg bend is the brake line, put a coloured cable tie on it take a photo, find the other end of that hose put the same colour tie on it, take a photo ( if it tees off change colours after the tee but trace both ends and put corresponding colours take photos) the block you photographed clean off so I can see the marking on it!
 
S

Steve Tivey

Member
Hi Mick

I have traced both brake lines

Red = Front Green + Rear

No Junctions or electronics were seen.

both ends of these pipes have pressure?


I don't know if I have mentioned this but the machine was working perfectly then suddenly no drive, not progressively just no drive.

I may have been Vibrating cant remember
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20230302_125726.jpg
    IMG_20230302_125726.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20230302_125730.jpg
    IMG_20230302_125730.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20230302_125800.jpg
    IMG_20230302_125800.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20230302_125815.jpg
    IMG_20230302_125815.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_20230302_125827.jpg
    IMG_20230302_125827.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20230302_125831.jpg
    IMG_20230302_125831.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20230302_125844.jpg
    IMG_20230302_125844.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20230302_125858_2CS.jpg
    IMG_20230302_125858_2CS.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 178
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Ok try something for me first! Move the lever on the block to tow, and wind the steering, take a hose off one brake drum, see if it pumps oil, not drips!
 
jd6820

jd6820

Well-known member
Hi Mick

I have traced both brake lines

Red = Front Green + Rear

No Junctions or electronics were seen.

both ends of these pipes have pressure?


I don't know if I have mentioned this but the machine was working perfectly then suddenly no drive, not progressively just no drive.

I may have been Vibrating cant remember
Be hilarious or not maybe 🤔 if the fault was just sheared spines on the pump drive coupling well more precisely the flywheel side of the join. The vibrate and steering work of auxillary pumps don't they? Probably driven straight off the engine rather than via a coupling plate on the flywheel? Had plenty of dumpers go here, but not a roller... Would explain why all the electrics appear to be working but still no go.

Edit: Just looked, auxilliary pump is mounted to the back of the drive pump so if you have steering and vibrate then my theory is rubbish. 😅
 
Last edited:
S

Steve Tivey

Member
Morning Mick

Done what you said, however with engine running

on Tow setting both front and back had a steady but weak? stream certainly not high pressure

Operating the forward reverse pulled the engine down.

Turning the steering did change the engine sound a little but it may be in a little rut now

Made to difference to oil flow

Steve
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
pump! (or pick up)??
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Morning Mick

Done what you said, however with engine running

on Tow setting both front and back had a steady but weak? stream certainly not high pressure

Operating the forward reverse pulled the engine down.

Turning the steering did change the engine sound a little but it may be in a little rut now

Made to difference to oil flow

Steve
Sorry mate didn’t explain myself very well, Druid was on the ball! Without the engine running! Put the tow valve in tow, turn the steering👍🏻
 
Top