Benford tt3000-help needed

B

Browny

New member
Hello everyone.

I have just got a Benford tt3000 I’m unsure of the year.
Had been sat for around 5ish years, I spent today cleaning the fuel lines and tank out etc and got it running. However the steering hydraulic hose had been sliced, replaced the hose and put 5 litres of hydraulic fluid in but I have no steering or tip. Does anyone no how much hydraulic fluid it needs? Do I need to purge air out type thing? Or any other advice to look for with it. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5803.jpeg
    IMG_5803.jpeg
    282 KB · Views: 140
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
I doubt it needs bleeding but I would not be surprised if it needs a bit more fluid is there a sight glass somewhere on the hydraulic tank
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I doubt it needs bleeding but I would not be surprised if it needs a bit more fluid is there a sight glass somewhere on the hydraulic tank
totally agree - I read the original post as 5 GALLONS, not ltrs ... so yeah .. put a LOT more oil in the tankl
 
W

Whiston Marine Services

New member
Have you managed to track down a workshop manual? I think you can get one from manualslib.com
 
B

Browny

New member
I put another 20 litres in, started it up and moved the steering back & fourth. within a couple of turns full steering and hydraulics.

have got another issue now, I feel like the brakes are dragging. when driving it if I'm in 1st or 2nd gear and i go to change into a higher gear the dumper basically comes to a stop on its own. anyone got any suggestions to slacken off the brakes or is it just a case of keep using it until they release a bit?

thanks
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I put another 20 litres in, started it up and moved the steering back & fourth. within a couple of turns full steering and hydraulics.

have got another issue now, I feel like the brakes are dragging. when driving it if I'm in 1st or 2nd gear and i go to change into a higher gear the dumper basically comes to a stop on its own. anyone got any suggestions to slacken off the brakes or is it just a case of keep using it until they release a bit?

thanks
could try releasing the bleed nipples to release any latent pressure build up? are they inboard or outboard brakes ?
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
In board wet brakes probably, put up on axle stands, drive it and dump the drive see what happens, disconnect handbrake!
 
jd6820

jd6820

Well-known member
I put another 20 litres in, started it up and moved the steering back & fourth. within a couple of turns full steering and hydraulics.

have got another issue now, I feel like the brakes are dragging. when driving it if I'm in 1st or 2nd gear and i go to change into a higher gear the dumper basically comes to a stop on its own. anyone got any suggestions to slacken off the brakes or is it just a case of keep using it until they release a bit?

thanks
Most likely handbrake causing the drag. If it has inboard brakes with the shafts entering the axle from externally and the handbrake cable attaching to these via arms it is likely these are tight/stuck where they enter the axle on the bushes.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Most likely handbrake causing the drag. If it has inboard brakes with the shafts entering the axle from externally and the handbrake cable attaching to these via arms it is likely these are tight/stuck where they enter the axle on the bushes.
use it a bit and hopefully free it off then?
bit of WD40 on the H/brake linkages and maybe some agitating by hand to lube ?
 
jd6820

jd6820

Well-known member
use it a bit and hopefully free it off then?
bit of WD40 on the H/brake linkages and maybe some agitating by hand to lube ?
Not usually i'm afraid, the long term solution is the remove the shafts, clean them and the housing up then re-install with new seal and grease to keep it free. They are a rubbish idea, I'd rather have a propshaft brake. This dumper may not have axle brakes, so the OP will need to check. If they take pictures of the axles we can go from there.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Not usually i'm afraid, the long term solution is the remove the shafts, clean them and the housing up then re-install with new seal and grease to keep it free. They are a rubbish idea, I'd rather have a propshaft brake. This dumper may not have axle brakes, so the OP will need to check. If they take pictures of the axles we can go from there.
with you now ...... brake actuator shafts into axle -- couldn't quite work it out from the earlier post (y) ... having not seen one ... minimal movement, so ain't gonna free off on their own :(
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
with you now ...... brake actuator shafts into axle -- couldn't quite work it out from the earlier post (y) ... having not seen one ... minimal movement, so ain't gonna free off on their own :(
Yeh not the best idea for operating in mud, sand or water, ok when new but the shafts tend to get semi seized in the bushes in the axle.
 
Top