Automated gate kits

doobin

doobin

Anyone got knowledge? The Internet is full of Ciinese imports and one man bands claiming to be the best.

Two very heavy (hardwood) 6'x6' leaves, hung upon 8"x8" oak posts. To be operated by remotes.

Do I want 24v or 230v? Can someone recommend a good reliable model of sufficient power?

Grahams

Grahams

Don't complain - suggest what's better
We have FAAC 240v rams. Work great. Have had them probably eight years now with no issues. Only thing I would suggest is there is an option for a remote operator to fit in your cigarette light. Don't bother, the amount of metal the signal has to go through reduces the range to almost zero. Just stick one to the sun visor and you can operate it far enough away that the gates are open when you swing in.
We had a builder fit it with the gates and some other building work, but in reality it is a pretty easy DIY fit.
Graham
IMG_0591.jpeg

Mintsauce

Mintsauce

Don't buy cheap. The quality and customer care is about what you can expect.

looking for my second set so watching 👀 with interest.:)

F

fred

24v for the rams and 240v wire on top to keep the pikeys out.

doobin

doobin

FAAC were top of my list from earlier research. Looking good.

Druid, I found Brundles and thought the same but that guide looks brilliant, many thanks.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
FAAC were top of my list from earlier research. Looking good.

Druid, I found Brundles and thought the same but that guide looks brilliant, many thanks.
dealt with them for decades Doob .... never had a bum product from them .... take a look at their WELKA triple throw gate locks .. when it's locked it's locked (y)

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
We fitted a sliding gate with cantilever beam and a motor from Came but alas the motor never lasted. Or even the gearbox gave up. But luckily It’s well balanced and we throw it open manually now. It’s a security gate with a big padlock on it so you have to unlock it before opening anyhoo.

P

powercom

sorry cant help with hinged gates , but we have 5 sliding cantilever gates all with Nice motors and safety gear on them and can vouch for their product its all well engineered stuff I would have no problem in recommending there stuff .
you really need to make sure you have the correct safety kit on them also , photocell sensors , edge strips etc .