Anyone tried one of these? ARC/TIG

doobin

doobin

Cheap tig is like cheap plasma- sort of works but hardly any capacity compared to the real thing, and non standard consumables. I’d go R tech.

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

So...had good old fashioned chat with R-Tech proper nice folk, will prob end up with AC/DC TIG😎 but tad more than I intended so just at the umming and arring stage.:unsure::giggle: Point is the lad I spoke hadn't heard of this forum told him to take a look, might be worth @Regy53 making contact? If enough of us use em? They may consider a deal?👌? Thanks for the pointers on here though 👍

S

Smiffy

So...had good old fashioned chat with R-Tech proper nice folk, will prob end up with AC/DC TIG😎 but tad more than I intended so just at the umming and arring stage.:unsure::giggle: Point is the lad I spoke hadn't heard of this forum told him to take a look, might be worth @Regy53 making contact? If enough of us use em? They may consider a deal?👌? Thanks for the pointers on here though 👍

Tbh they are usually up for a deal if you ask for anything extra
They gave me a longer set of leads FOC with my MMA inverter when I enquired about the cost of upgrading

My dad got some consumables FOC with his Tig and upgraded his mask when his cheapy failed

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

So just to update...finally but the bullet and stumped up..long winter ahead and all that. Went for a ESAB Rebel 215. Mixed , Mig,Stick,Lift Tig etc. What a machine just laid a few beads to test it so far absolute dream. Looking forward to some evenings in the cave!😉