Advice needed please

N

nomates

Member
this is the radiator ! .......in my defence the other side looks clean and like new lol
 

Attachments

  • tempImageASNjbB.png
    tempImageASNjbB.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 206
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
this is the radiator ! .......in my defence the other side looks clean and like new lol
did the right thing whipping that off to clean it ... try to blast the crud off from the other side - i.e. away from the core, not into it ... after a good softening up with gunk/jizer/kero/cherry ....
 
N

nomates

Member
evening gents .....hope you're all well ........here is day three of cleaning lol...need too order a couple of engine mounts , then a bit more or a clean and a bit of paint maybe .....then I can get it back together and give it a good service .....god I'm cold and the smell of gunk is quite strong now on me ...lol
 

Attachments

  • tempImagelG5G26.png
    tempImagelG5G26.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 176
  • tempImageAZCLTx.png
    tempImageAZCLTx.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 180
  • tempImage32GZAF.png
    tempImage32GZAF.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 182
  • tempImageRnOBRu.png
    tempImageRnOBRu.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 148
  • tempImageq6UcKx.png
    tempImageq6UcKx.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 177
  • tempImagekDGgO2.png
    tempImagekDGgO2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 163
  • tempImagez2Koqf.png
    tempImagez2Koqf.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 189
T

Tacitus

Active member
You are keen! I never dismantle the excavator to clean it :ROFLMAO:
Good job. DId the bubble bath clean the grease off you? I must try that, normally I use citrus degreaser mixed with sawdust ... :cool:
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I bought an £18 steam cleaner ......and used gunk and elbow grease (the product not effort lol)
that was a very cheap steam cleaner .... or are we talking the bathroom variety
 
N

nomates

Member
Hi yes sorry it was a little house hold steam cleaner ......but its got stuff hot enough to melt the oily mess. Today I traced a fault with the wiring , basically the stop relay wasn't actuating the stop solenoid ...I was originally told that there was a break in the wire ,however it was a faulty relay , I'm not convinced there is a thermostat fitted , so I've ordered a new one and the over heat stat had a damaged wire so I'll fix that and tidy the wiring ...I've also been panel beating the dents out as much as I can from the side and rear panels , but I'm waiting on a favour from a spray shop , because if I prime them here outside I don't think the filler primer will go off due to the low temperatures at the moment .......so now I'm just waiting for parts and the spray shop
 
C

Colgan

Member
To be fair
she is quite tolerant View attachment 43773
Hello there mate.
So yesterday I myself became the owner proud owner of K008-3 also!
Can I ask where you are sourcing parts from? I cant seem to find a intuitive offical online Kubota part supplier, I live in Kent and there doesn't seem to be a official dealer (construction machinery) nearby either.
 
Top