Adjusting proportional valve control on Doosan DX140-3

Muckster

Muckster

Member
I've recently bought a tilting bucket for the 14t, and no matter what i do to the flow settings the control sensitivity is terrible! There seems to be a huge dead spot on the thumb control, and very little tolerance between 0 and 100% of flow, which all happens within the last 20% of the control radius. I hope that makes sense!

Any ideas?
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I've recently bought a tilting bucket for the 14t, and no matter what i do to the flow settings the control sensitivity is terrible! There seems to be a huge dead spot on the thumb control, and very little tolerance between 0 and 100% of flow, which all happens within the last 20% of the control radius. I hope that makes sense!

Any ideas?
'praps it's the thumb wheel at fault?
 
CPS

CPS

Well-known member
I've recently bought a tilting bucket for the 14t, and no matter what i do to the flow settings the control sensitivity is terrible! There seems to be a huge dead spot on the thumb control, and very little tolerance between 0 and 100% of flow, which all happens within the last 20% of the control radius. I hope that makes sense!

Any ideas?
The ramps can be changed but I'm guessing its a dealer laptop job.
 
Mark

Mark

Well-known member
Stick some flow restrictor on it, we’ve had plenty of doosans over the years and always had to fit them on the tilting ditching buckets. If the machine is a -3 you can also turn the pressure and flow down via the computer.
 
Muckster

Muckster

Member
Stick some flow restrictor on it, we’ve had plenty of doosans over the years and always had to fit them on the tilting ditching buckets. If the machine is a -3 you can also turn the pressure and flow down via the computer.

I took flow restrictors out, and the flow adjustment makes very little difference unfortunately.
There’s just no sensitivity on the thumb control, all or nothing.
 
Mark

Mark

Well-known member
I took flow restrictors out, and the flow adjustment makes very little difference unfortunately.
There’s just no sensitivity on the thumb control, all or nothing.

I would add the restrictor a back on to each side of the bucket and screw them up to there max and work from there screwing them off until your happy with the speed.
This has always worked for me in the past 10 years of running doosans. We run 140’s 225’s 300’s 340’s 380’s it’s all the same with them all of nothing on the controls.
 
Muckster

Muckster

Member
I would add the restrictor a back on to each side of the bucket and screw them up to there max and work from there screwing them off until your happy with the speed.
This has always worked for me in the past 10 years of running doosans. We run 140’s 225’s 300’s 340’s 380’s it’s all the same with them all of nothing on the controls.
Ok thanks for the advice! I’ll try that. The restrictors are only basic ones that came with bucket, 1mm holes in a male male fitting. I’ll get hold of some decent restrictors first.
 
Top