A Small Corner of Aberdeenshire

Furniss

Furniss

Well-known member
You seem to be doing well - keep at it (y) been going 16 years here.... I could of maybe done with a degree in summat instead of having to learn the hard way :)
 
M

Monkeybusiness

Well-known member
Love it!! really didn't want one as never liked the brand but was convinced to buy one. Double rear axle tipper. Has a tare of 2680!!!! but will carry 2 ton and dosen't look it or feel it. Once picked up a cube from the batching plant - was working half a mile away. Boy on the plant couldn't belive how little the springs went down.
Are they the same as the Vauxhall? They look to be the closest thing to an Iveco Daily (which are good trucks).
 
dod

dod

Active member
I think so but I've never seen a Vauxhall that spec. There are better machines if u want to spend more ie iveco
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
never had any of Renault's commercial vehicles (but know many who have) and have always found their cars very well made and well engineered .... even if some of 'em were a bar steward to work on, you didn't need to do much of that.
local large-ish civils outfit has run many of their vans for years ... and loves them .... and they take a beating !! :oops:
 
  • Like
Reactions: dod
J

Jimoz

Well-known member
Surely its the cleverer people who make money out of other peoples money (finance)? I'd be chomping at the bit for that 50k but honestly couldn't think of anything to put it into atm for a return...
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
I take it that's a lloyd a screening bucket. What size is it and how do you find it?
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I take it that's a lloyd a screening bucket. What size is it and how do you find it?
yeh spotted that too ...... looks a fair size from the pic
 
dod

dod

Active member
Cracking bit of kit!!
Its not that big, has 2 hitches so fits both the 3 tonner and 6 tonner.
Fills a 14 ton trailer in about 20mins with half decent stuff. handy for reusing stuff on site
Lloyds were terrific to deal with
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Cracking bit of kit!!
Its not that big, has 2 hitches so fits both the 3 tonner and 6 tonner.
Fills a 14 ton trailer in about 20mins with half decent stuff. handy for reusing stuff on site
Lloyds were terrific to deal with
Nanostar then
WP_20180814_16_22_07_Pro.jpg

WP_20180908_12_01_52_Pro.jpg

WP_20180908_12_04_46_Pro.jpg


nicely made tools and do a great job
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Real nice line up of gear!
I like your thinking, it’s a good feeling to pay everything off and own it all outright, you certainly don’t jump at the chance to enter into another finance agreement as soon as the last payment is made 😉
 
G

Gez_lewis

Active member
is that a vale towable? how do you get on with it, I added one to our fleet at the end of the season so only used it 3 or 4 times
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
Real nice line up of gear!
I like your thinking, it’s a good feeling to pay everything off and own it all outright, you certainly don’t jump at the chance to enter into another finance agreement as soon as the last payment is made 😉
I do. Sell the machine for half what you paid for it over the last five years, put that into something else and start a new finance deal for its replacement. Leverage.
 
Top