48 cc Russian Krasiny Engines inc one on an ATB Bike

O

Old Operator

Well-known member
I have these little Russian engines designed to mount on a bike. New & unused but old stock I bought in a closing down sale some 20 years ago. Motors date from the 1990s. Four of them inc one with a pull start, rest are bump start, & all have a manual clutch & reduction. One other that I have mounted on a bike which is rideable & working. £125 for all inc the bike.
Still have all paperwork to identify the chain & rear sprocket I put on the bike. Note they do not have a silencer (20mm electrical conduit fits the engine) nor fuel tank. Reason for sale downsizing to bungalow / old age. Engines were copied by the Chinese & are sold on Ebay but these old ones better quality. Located Shropshire. Edit - you might wonder at the forward facing exhaust - new third pic shows side cover in place over works - this was to make all 'stealthy' so it would pass off as ebike when motor not running
 

Attachments

  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 008 (2).JPG
    008 (2).JPG
    250.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I have these little Russian engines designed to mount on a bike. New & unused but old stock I bought in a closing down sale some 20 years ago. Motors date from the 1990s. Four of them inc one with a pull start, rest are bump start, & all have a manual clutch & reduction. One other that I have mounted on a bike which is rideable & working. £125 for all inc the bike.
Still have all paperwork to identify the chain & rear sprocket I put on the bike. Note they do not have a silencer (20mm electrical conduit fits the engine) nor fuel tank. Reason for sale downsizing to bungalow / old age. Engines were copied by the Chinese & are sold on Ebay but these old ones better quality. Located Shropshire.
looks like potential fun to be had :giggle::giggle:
 
Vinpetrol

Vinpetrol

Well-known member
A guy somewhere near me has one ! He rides past mine all the time he’s that fast I haven’t had the chance to stop him to get a bit of craic about it !
 
O

Old Operator

Well-known member
The bike does just over 15 mph @ rated governed speed with the 47 tooth rear sprocket & will climb a 1 in 4 hill with 'light pedal assistance'
It crossed my mind that the pull start motor might make a child's go kart with different gearing
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
- new third pic shows side cover in place over works - this was to make all 'stealthy' so it would pass off as ebike when motor not running
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
what size / capacity are the motors?
 
O

Old Operator

Well-known member
I am pretty sure they are 40 cc but might be slightly bigger but not over 48 cc. & are a two stroke, it says 25 : 1 for first 10 hours of use then 32 : 1 from then on. Max crank speed 3600 rpm, Drive sprocket beyond clutch max 920 rpm (when engine 3600 rpm)
Some info here https://motorbicycling.com/threads/the-russian-engines-d-4-d-5-d-6-d-8-history.6820/
https://www.moped2.org/rmoped.htm - The Riga, & the one on p2 feature the engines. The guy I bought them off had a one off of the bike & engine on p2 which he held on to called KPOXA
I will look for more paperwork re the number of cc's
 
Last edited:
Top