3d printing

heritage machining

heritage machining

I'm going to try and use it for a few practical applications like I need a cover in the bobcat where a old switch was that I don't need so I thought I would try and print one with all the clips next on the back

William127

William127

I’ve just bought a laser engraving machine. My ultimate plan is to have a CNC plasma but I figured trying to learn both software and the mechanical side of CNC at the same time was biting off more than I can chew.

If I can master Light burn and then GRBL then I can hopefully change the low power laser head I have now for either a much more powerful laser to cut plywood or a plasma torch.
I'm looking into a cheap laser at the moment, seen some excellent videos of the Creality falcon 22w but it's about a grand, bit much for a toy!
Seen plenty of cheap used stuff for a couple of hundred quid, think that's the sensible start. Then it's either a smallish loss if I don't get into it or a cheap stepping stone to something better 🤷

All these things are amazing tech for very little money really though 👌

R

Rob65

I'm looking into a cheap laser at the moment, seen some excellent videos of the Creality falcon 22w but it's about a grand, bit much for a toy!
Seen plenty of cheap used stuff for a couple of hundred quid, think that's the sensible start. Then it's either a smallish loss if I don't get into it or a cheap stepping stone to something better 🤷

All these things are amazing tech for very little money really though 👌
I did a bit of reading and watching YouTube videos and came to the conclusion that 20w laser with air assist was about the minimum to cut plywood etc.

Like you say it’s a lot of cash for something you may or may not use much.
I’m looking to use the laser just to learn the system. My one was £130 on evilbay. It’s probably got enough power to cut paper gaskets but that’s about it.

I’m looking to put a plasma torch on it like the guy in this video

I don’t think it’s going to last long once it gets plasma cutting dust and sparks all over it but by that time I’ll know if it’s worth investing further or if I let the idea drop.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
I don’t think it’s going to last long once it gets plasma cutting dust and sparks all over it but by that time I’ll know if it’s worth investing further or if I let the idea drop.
that chisel at 32 seconds :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::oops::oops::oops: @Routy56 ;)
a straight Binzel torch is going to cost you more than the advertised 150 quid :rolleyes: ... I have one I bought for my little magic eye profiler, years ago and was bloody dear then
wonder what Fakir he pinched the nail bed from :giggle: .. neat idea though (y)

William127

William127

I did a bit of reading and watching YouTube videos and came to the conclusion that 20w laser with air assist was about the minimum to cut plywood etc.

Like you say it’s a lot of cash for something you may or may not use much.
I’m looking to use the laser just to learn the system. My one was £130 on evilbay. It’s probably got enough power to cut paper gaskets but that’s about it.

I’m looking to put a plasma torch on it like the guy in this video

My minimal research has also got Mr thinking that 20w, air assisted is a minimum to actually do what I want. There's a used one close to me, up for 200 quid. I might try him at £150 after Christmas, on the proviso that he shows me it working!
Can see a lot of productive fun for the outlay, if they work as advertised....

R

Rob65

a straight Binzel torch is going to cost you more than the advertised 150 quid :rolleyes: ... I have one I bought for my little magic eye profiler, years ago and was bloody dear then
The straight plasma torches are surprisingly cheap. About £35 ish.

I have one that mysteriously arrived when I bought my palms cutter 😀😀😀

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
We run hypertherm xpr torch and I think a set of consumable tips for it is more than £35 😳.
They do cut quite a bit though 🤔

heritage machining

heritage machining

My Printer was secondhand 60 quid on Facebook marketplace so a cheap introduction

kabin man

kabin man

https://www.do3d.com/product-page/i...mk-39-full-body-armor-free-3d-printable-model
1703779750601.png

After looking at 3d printers a bit last week because of this thread, look what popped up on my t/line...
Not quite a beginner project, :oops: