Scraperman
Well-known member
I am about to replace the rear window on my Project 8 3CX. This model has the windscreen wiper motor attached to the window using two holes, one for the wiper blade drive shaft itself and one presumably for stability, all as shown in the attached image which was taken when everything was intact and obviously when the window was closed. My question is does anyone have any idea and/or experience of fitting these into the window ? The new glass has the holes of the correct size in the right place and I shall fit the wiper once I have the window installed.
For obvious reasons I am concerned as to how much torque I should apply to the nuts when I am tightening them up. I certainly don't want to shatter the glass and so if anyone could throw any light on my query I would be very grateful. Thank you.
For obvious reasons I am concerned as to how much torque I should apply to the nuts when I am tightening them up. I certainly don't want to shatter the glass and so if anyone could throw any light on my query I would be very grateful. Thank you.