3.5T Tipper

Danny

Danny

We run a old 57 plate iveco daily 35c tipper, i love it but i think in the new year could do with looking for a newer daily, cabstar, canter etc

Whats best out there for payload / comfort in your opinons?

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
We run a old 57 plate iveco daily 35c tipper, i love it but i think in the new year could do with looking for a newer daily, cabstar, canter etc

Whats best out there for payload / comfort in your opinons?
Sell me the iveco 😂

B

Brendan

3.5t tipper trailer will see around 2.6t payload
All 3.5t tipper vans you'll be lucky to see just over 1t payload

Last edited:
Danny

Danny

3.5t tipper trailer will see around 2.6t payload
All 3.5t tipper vans you'll be lucky to see just another over 1t payload

With being so young ( 28 ) ;) i cant tow a trailer legally the money i would spend on trailer licence i could invest in 7.5T but then im into operators licence cpc etc.

3.5Tonner suits me ideally can chuck breakers and buckets in the back instead of putting 13tonne grading buckets in the back of my partner van

Jimbo69

Jimbo69

With being so young ( 28 ) ;) i cant tow a trailer legally the money i would spend on trailer licence i could invest in 7.5T but then im into operators licence cpc etc.

3.5Tonner suits me ideally can chuck breakers and buckets in the back instead of putting 13tonne grading buckets in the back of my partner van
I did my trailer test a couple of weeks ago, was £650 for 2 days training and the test. Plus of course 2 days of lost earnings 😢

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Just had a lot of work done on my 54 plate Iveco after the timing belt tensioner decided it didn’t want to tension anymore. Can’t find anything sensible to replace it so went for the rebuild and will keep it going!

M

Monkeybusiness

We’ve got cabstars and and older Iveco - the iveco is the best of the bunch by miles.

pettsy

pettsy

Always had mostly vag group cars and vans but recently bought this while I’m house renovating. Hoping it won’t have lost much when I’m done with it.

AE6381B5-0961-4AE6-9DBA-099491EA3DB9.jpeg

R

Russell

I did my trailer test a couple of weeks ago, was £650 for 2 days training and the test. Plus of course 2 days of lost earnings 😢
That's gone up. Was £300 for my trailer lesson and test 10 years ago

B

Brendan

sounds like a good earner that :oops: for not a lot of outlay :unsure:
Averages seem to be around £600, good money for easy work. Quite a few doing it round my way average of 2.5 days including the test

pettsy

pettsy

sounds like a good earner that :oops: for not a lot of outlay :unsure:

The company I did mine with had a big training area to practise on away from public roads. Can’t imagine that was cheap. Used a freelander 2 and box trailer.

G

Gez_lewis

im sure most training places round me are train in morn and test in afternoon for £200/£250 ish.
trouble with trailers is people borrow them tho!

Stubota86

Stubota86

I did my trailer test about 4 years ago, 5 hours training £225 and the test fee for £115 - Included vehicle and trailer hire etc

can be a bit of a pain getting into tighter jobs but it’s nice to be able to unhook it and leave the boys to unload or load it if I need to

also much more difficult for them to put a parking ticket on a trailer!!