2015 Ford ranger 13 pin socket wiring diagram

B

Brendan

Well-known member
Yea had two wires that where left that had no feed at all coming to them so just took a guess and put them in the two spare connections but everything else works as it should👍.. used the tester and trial and error.

jordan
Do you have the 12v live constant?
 
Big Jordy

Big Jordy

Well-known member
Do you have the 12v live constant?
Don’t think I do tried the two spare wires as I’ll call them with ignition on and off and not a volt coming to them according to my multimeter… but honestly I’d be lieing if I said I had the foggiest about electrical jiggery pokery.. I got all the lights on the trailer working so I’m happy👍
 
B

Brendan

Well-known member

That's the jumper cable that goes in the box under the front passenger seat, if you open the box and it's not there you won't have a 12v constant to your towbar wiring, so if you hook up a caravan no feed for fridge or if wanting to run split charge relay for tipper trailer
 
S

Steve

Well-known member
Don’t think I do tried the two spare wires as I’ll call them with ignition on and off and not a volt coming to them according to my multimeter… but honestly I’d be lieing if I said I had the foggiest about electrical jiggery pokery.. I got all the lights on the trailer working so I’m happy👍
My guess would be those wires go to the small limit switch in the socket which switches off the fog light when the trailer is plugged in to stop glare. I only found this out when trying to work out how the main dealer was able to justify the cost of a genuine socket
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Got a bit racist in parts this thread guys ...... at least the french still have a car industry 😉🙂
have had a lot of Renaults over the years (and the odd Citroen) Bought my first R16 in the days when they were a dirty word, sort of, in the UK and loved it - had three of 'em - TL, TS & TX ... and an 8, 10, several 12,s, an horrendous 14 :oops: with a bloody Ovlov lump in it :(, couple of 4,s :giggle:, three 5,s :cool:, a 15 & a 17 Gordini :love:, a Fuego, :unsure: an 18TS, 20TS and a 30 TX :giggle:... always fancied a 25, but never had one. they were all exceptionally comfortable, went well and were reliable (apart from the bloody R14, which I should've 🔥🔥🔥🔥) ... No idea what the newer ones're like :unsure:
Never owned a Pigscot though
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Had a citroen ax gt500 for my first car was ace, quite quick would see off a lot of the other hot hatches of the time to 60
They were great until you came into contact with another object at speed.😳🤦‍♂️

Used to be a local taxi co with BXs on the airport run...reckon they were well over a million miles on the clock,let's just say they were a tad sloppy in areas 😆
 
pettsy

pettsy

Well-known member
One of only two French vehicles I’ve ever owned
D5947FD1-993E-4BBB-BB7A-C6E8B018F6DC.jpeg
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
They were great until you came into contact with another object at speed.😳🤦‍♂️

Used to be a local taxi co with BXs on the airport run...reckon they were well over a million miles on the clock,let's just say they were a tad sloppy in areas 😆
BX was my one 'odd' Citroen experience ... was a tidy enough car and went very well
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Only one good thing about a BX, if you got the 16v one it had the legendary Mi16 in it! Rip it out and put it in something more fitting! All safe in the knowledge that you’d rid the world of another BX…..
Ahar that's it. Flip how long since I heard mi16.
Turning out into another fun hijack thread 😆
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
BX was my one 'odd' Citroen experience ... was a tidy enough car and went very well
Manual box was a laugh...we used to refer to it as potluck box...aim for the gear and see what you got ....as for the handbrake ....reckon they were designed to be used by the back seat passenger when worn.
 
Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Well-known member
Did you ever see the early ones? With rotary cylinder Speedo and indicators on console? Proper weird
 
Top