2.5 ton diggers again.

Furniss

Furniss

Wasnt talking about the price - central greasing - gripper - looked a decent tool.

Randla

Randla

Interloper
Wasnt talking about the price - central greasing - gripper - looked a decent tool.
It is a good price (y) . At list, you have c.£16k of Engcon kit on there and the machine has 500h. From memory the Yanmar is quite stable, but one thing I would watch out for is the addition of a gripper on these small machines. Firstly, you're going up to an EC204 to get it which, with a gripper is adding probably another 120kg over the EC02 (say around 200kg min), then you have a grading bucket of wet slop at full reach and it soon becomes less fun.

I remember having this conversation with Ollie @Gunners back in the day and in the end he went for the sorting grab. Firstly, it's a more versatile tool which costs around the same as the gripper and secondly, you can take it off. Oh, and it's got the L8 joysticks. Matter of personal preference (particularly now:ROFLMAO:) but the MIG2s are, IMHO, miles better :sneaky:

Storrsy

Storrsy

Good spec on that one
They’re nice machines IMO. I had one on hire for a week with a view to a future purchase. The only thing that bugged me was the fact that the boom only offsets 45 degrees to the left as opposed to 88degrees like my Tak and most others I’ve used. It means if your ditching you can’t do it all offset you get a better view of the near side of the ditch for example.

B

Brendan

Very rare, I ever need anything larger than the micro.
Been on and off a job and they have had different machines in for me each time.

First up was a tb230 not too sure on the year, bit too heavy to tow legally and arm movement was a bit slow and had a much shorter reach than it felt it should. Things I liked about it was cab was fairly decent size wise, seat was comfy enough, had peddles for tracking and both joysticks had rockers and engine can be idled off the joystick, not a fan of the three power modes and lots of settings can be played with for attachments on the screen

This week has been a 2015 u27-4 alot more basic inside only a horn switch on the levers and a lever for engine speed and no radio 🤔, arm movement is a decent speed and reach is as expected. Been a while since been in one and I forgot how much I hate Kubota seats, the stupid seat belt buckle is attached to the seat so just pokes into you all day and it only seems to want to lock in a laid back position (I prefer to sit alot more upright) cab feels a lot tighter to get through the door and the door latch always seems to snag belt or pockets on the way out, but enough space once inside inside. A little light on the rear thanks to the zero swing and seems to be alot more thirsty than the tb230

craig

craig

Very rare, I ever need anything larger than the micro.
Been on and off a job and they have had different machines in for me each time.

First up was a tb230 not too sure on the year, bit too heavy to tow legally and arm movement was a bit slow and had a much shorter reach than it felt it should. Things I liked about it was cab was fairly decent size wise, seat was comfy enough, had peddles for tracking and both joysticks had rockers and engine can be idled off the joystick, not a fan of the three power modes and lots of settings can be played with for attachments on the screen

This week has been a 2015 u27-4 alot more basic inside only a horn switch on the levers and a lever for engine speed and no radio 🤔, arm movement is a decent speed and reach is as expected. Been a while since been in one and I forgot how much I hate Kubota seats, the stupid seat belt buckle is attached to the seat so just pokes into you all day and it only seems to want to lock in a laid back position (I prefer to sit alot more upright) cab feels a lot tighter to get through the door and the door latch always seems to snag belt or pockets on the way out, but enough space once inside inside. A little light on the rear thanks to the zero swing and seems to be alot more thirsty than the tb230
The Kubota KX cab seem more roomy than the U`s