12/24V jump packs

CPS

CPS

Hi All

I seen a few people mention jump packs a while back, I was looking for recommendations on the new compact type that's out there!

I have an SIP 12/24V one for years, and its great but id like a smaller lighter one that will do the same job!

Let here what you got!

Aiden

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

I fancy one to power 12v winch on the ifor occasionally...seen it done but guess it guzzles the juice...🙄🤔

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
I've a have gb150 and gb70 absolutely brilliant but alas only 12v they do a gb500 that does 12 & 24 volt but the last time i looked was £1,200 if you buy one tell me how you get on with it

M

Monkeybusiness

I've a have gb150 and gb70 absolutely brilliant but alas only 12v they do a gb500 that does 12 & 24 volt but the last time i looked was £1,200 if you buy one tell me how you get on with it
Have you tried doubling yours up to get 24v?

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Interesting seen a few reviews on them nocos, they really are that good then? Seem tiny compared to the old bricks we used to lug about..

craig

craig

I’ve got one of these, identical to the snap on ones but bought direct from manufacturer. You can link 2 for 24v I believe.

I`ve got an original snap on, one of those from around 2001 and its still working fine after plenty of use.

Fms1

Fms1

I’ve got the machine mart/clark 12/24v lipo one, best £200 I’ve spent on one

Attachments

• BB88EF36-62D6-4E8E-9162-9D482570AAB0.png
    BB88EF36-62D6-4E8E-9162-9D482570AAB0.png
    730.5 KB · Views: 132
R

rossandson

I’ve got a GB150, picked it up off Amazon last year or early this year I’m a sale. Fantastic piece of kit, used it a couple of times.

only thing is due to the power output the clips are slightly larger than the GB70 so recently I couldn’t get the clips with it on cleanly to make it work on a car battery as space was tight in the bonnet. Im waiting for GB70 to be reduced. Hopefully Black Friday deal to be had soon!

M

Monkeybusiness

I’ve got a GB150, picked it up off Amazon last year or early this year I’m a sale. Fantastic piece of kit, used it a couple of times.

only thing is due to the power output the clips are slightly larger than the GB70 so recently I couldn’t get the clips with it on cleanly to make it work on a car battery as space was tight in the bonnet. Im waiting for GB70 to be reduced. Hopefully Black Friday deal to be had soon!
I’ve had exactly this issue too.
The GB70 is £136 including vat from Halfords with a trade card, which is good value IMO.

R

rossandson

Oh! I might have to dust off my trade card. I got the GB150 for £180 which I thought was a steal. As they are £250/£300 I think usually.

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

Do they hold their charge? Say if sat in truck for month or two ?
Do they deteriorate over time?
Thanks.

R

rossandson

Do they hold their charge? Say if sat in truck for month or two ?
Do they deteriorate over time?
Thanks.

I only have experience with the GB150 but it does hold its charge well. It’s good to get in a routine of checking/charging every so often as typically if you left it for a year and you found it dead when you needed it be slightly annoying.

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

I only have experience with the GB150 but it does hold its charge well. It’s good to get in a routine of checking/charging every so often as typically if you left it for a year and you found it dead when you needed it be slightly annoying.
Thanks Helpfull...if costly.🙄😁👍

Stubota86

Stubota86

I’ve got the snap on 1700 - had it years and still works. Did replace the battery once mind which wasn’t cheap although I think the battery prices have come down a lot

for the power it puts out, its very compact

R

Russell

I’ve got the machine mart/clark 12/24v lipo one, best £200 I’ve spent on one
I bought one of those and it will be the last time I use machine mart.
Long and sort is it is advertised as being 32Ah but is nowhere near. The thing I was runnig off it should have lasted about 7 hours but it only lasted one hour. It was sent back and forth twice until they finally relented and gave me my money back, and seven emails and 3 or 4 weeks. They kept ignoring emails and wouldn't directly answer my questions. I wouldn't be surprised if their workshop person had no electrical knowledge at all.

GazCro

GazCro

I’ve got the snap on 1700 - had it years and still works. Did replace the battery once mind which wasn’t cheap although I think the battery prices have come down a lot

for the power it puts out, its very compact
Do the snap on one's not just use a sealed leisure battery?

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

I bought one of those and it will be the last time I use machine mart.
Long and sort is it is advertised as being 32Ah but is nowhere near. The thing I was runnig off it should have lasted about 7 hours but it only lasted one hour. It was sent back and forth twice until they finally relented and gave me my money back, and seven emails and 3 or 4 weeks. They kept ignoring emails and wouldn't directly answer my questions. I wouldn't be surprised if their workshop person had no electrical knowledge at all.
Sadly if I ever do use machine mart I do so in the knowledge its 90 % chinesium crap ....must be old fellas in garages repairing Allegro's that keep em going I reckon.