Who can guess what this is going to be?

Bri963

Bri963

Doob, simple way is tee in the gauge and blank the line. As you said, feather it in on the aux. Biggest risk is shocking the gauge. If you do go the teeing into blade circuit route, don’t worry about that 140 bars through your rotary seal, it’ll stand a lot more than what your winch will put through it and for a lot longer.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Doob, simple way is tee in the gauge and blank the line. As you said, feather it in on the aux. Biggest risk is shocking the gauge. If you do go the teeing into blade circuit route, don’t worry about that 140 bars through your rotary seal, it’ll stand a lot more than what your winch will put through it and for a lot longer.
it'll be full pressure at the rotary though Bri ... reduced at the winch .... know what you're saying, but the rotary isn't designed for long term constant flow, which it'd be handling whilst the winch is in use and rarely gets pressurised for long, or seriously loaded :rolleyes: ... it should be fine .... but :rolleyes: :unsure::whistle:

Bri963

Bri963

Do JCB Hydradigs fail rotaries when running breakers? It’s Not like this winch is going to be running at max all day every day, just a short peak pull and the load is off, unless Doob is planning to take it bog snorkelling.The bigger risk on a hydraulic system is letting the oil run too hot for too long, then you run into problems. Excavator rotaries are designed for a very high duty cycle.

G

Grifferr

The idea is that it's a two minute job to lift on and off, using the carrier machine's own boom. Or a suitable handy machine as you've somehow got two Bobcats and only one key at the yard...
View attachment 9436

When the blade is engaged into the ground the winch is about the perfect angle for most work
You could even make two legs to slide into that top box section. If they were a bit wider than the blade you could just drive up to it and lift the blade.

S

Smiffy

Do JCB Hydradigs fail rotaries when running breakers? It’s Not like this winch is going to be running at max all day every day, just a short peak pull and the load is off, unless Doob is planning to take it bog snorkelling.The bigger risk on a hydraulic system is letting the oil run too hot for too long, then you run into problems. Excavator rotaries are designed for a very high duty cycle.

Doesn't the hydradig run a much more heavy duty coupling with only flow and return then have the spools for everything in the half of the machine they are needed so boom spools in the top half blade and leg spools in the bottom half unlike a mini running a much smaller setup only designed for the blade movement in this case

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Handy setup for a particular purpose. I feel compelled to say IMHO the blade on a machine would primarily be manufactured to push, the nice heavy hinge points and legs on the blade work well in pushing operations but if you start pulling you might find out how good the welding is. Ive no idea how much force the winch will exert on the blade and I'm sure you have thought it out but I've had the Joy of welding blade frames together after someone was doing something a bit different and said they thought it was strong enough 😆

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Having pulled a few rotator couplings apart they have seals which are well made (they have to be) think how many tracks you wear out but the coupling holds up they are built for it👍

Left hooker

Left hooker

Having pulled a few rotator couplings apart they have seals which are well made (they have to be) think how many tracks you wear out but the coupling holds up they are built for it👍
I track miles at a time sometimes with my 5 tonner to get places also do a LOT of dozing/leveling off areas and it all goes through the rotary

V8Druid

V8Druid

guys I agree the rotary should be up to it.... was just considering possibles ... it's not what it was designed for was all I was saying .... as for tracking miles, etc. it hardly ever comes up against serious resistance to return flow ... like it could with a winch in a near stall situation. .... but with the pressure set to blow off at just over 100 bar, it wouldn't present any really high levels of return resistance. Was simply playing devil's advocate for various situations:rolleyes:

Mogman

Mogman

guys I agree the rotary should be up to it.... was just considering possibles ... it's not what it was designed for was all I was saying .... as for tracking miles, etc. it hardly ever comes up against serious resistance to return flow ... like it could with a winch in a near stall situation. .... but with the pressure set to blow off at just over 100 bar, it wouldn't present any really high levels of return resistance. Was simply playing devil's advocate for various situations:rolleyes:
What about your duck when I high range and it comes to a steep climb:unsure: I know mine will come to a near stall until I down shift(y)

V8Druid

V8Druid

What about your duck when In high range and it comes to a steep climb:unsure: I know mine will come to a near stall until I down shift(y)
agreed Mog..... but they'm a tad bigger (the rotary) than on a lil m/c ...... and built for it (that eventuality), as a regular occurrence ;)

Left hooker

Left hooker

I've had mine working hard pushing just about moving so lines to tracks would be loaded up to point of relief valve blow off

Mogman

Mogman

agreed Mog..... but they'm a tad bigger (the rotary) than on a lil m/c ...... and built for it (that eventuality), as a regular occurrence ;)
Ah and their lays the benefits of smaller parts ;) a 1/4 pipe will stand more pressure than an equivalent 1” pipe(y) think about it:unsure: a 1/4 pipe has a bore the same as the thickness of the wall of the pipe, where as the inch bore will have to have a be three inches in diameter to be the same:unsure: (so multi spiral will be needed)
So in conclusion there will be more metal and seal components in a smaller swivel unit than a bigger one pound for pound or should that be oil for oil :D

Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Spotted this at local galvanizers this morning
IMG_20210423_082438.jpg

Looks tidy 😊