Which size hollow ram?

doobin

doobin

Well-known member
What’s a good all-rounder size? Main job would be to pull the new bushes in to the backhoe

I see a few Enerpac knock offs on eBay at reasonable money. Would 30t / 100mm stroke be man enough?
 
Bri963

Bri963

Well-known member
I use a 30t 100 mm stroke Enerpac on bushes and to be honest, a 20 tonne will do what you want but the 30 tonne will it much easier and smoother, especially when you decide you’ve got a taste for bigger kit and buy a duck and tilty.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
What’s a good all-rounder size? Main job would be to pull the new bushes in to the backhoe

I see a few Enerpac knock offs on eBay at reasonable money. Would 30t / 100mm stroke be man enough?
bear in mind that Enerpack works at 10,000 psi, so rams are rated with that level of input .. lower pressure will not produce the same level of 'power'
 
Quattromike

Quattromike

Well member-known
Also a 30 ton ram will be heavier than a 20 toner which is only an issue when you are trying to get everything to stay in place working on your own and pumping the handle at the same time
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
I'll have a second pair of hands so 30- ton sounds like the way to go- I'll find out what the knockoff pumps are rated at.
 
T

tctractors

Member
A 30 ton cylinder will cope with lots of tasks and can take a good sized pulling bolt or thread bar in to it's bore, it's easier and better to have something with a bit of reserve strength, don't be tempted to waste money on Double Acting (2 line ) cylinders just spring return at best.
 
Top