When Star Wars comes to town....

pettsy

pettsy

Well-known member
So I live near to a few limestone quarries. Some operational, some mothballed. One of the mothballed ones has been taken over this week supposedly for filming part of a Star Wars series.

Cue lots of remade tracks, cabins and equipment galore. Roads and footpaths passing nearby all closed. Any part where you can see in covered with heras fencing and tarps. Dread to think of the cost, probably tiny in the overall profit made i guess! Don’t think I’ll be walking the dog through this week....

4464B8F9-29E8-4462-B914-35232CF28CB0.png
74C44FE1-B064-4AE5-A624-DCDB7FBB9A2D.png


Filming starts tomorrow apparently..

A79775B0-293B-4C2A-B0DF-53AEF0FB3DC3.jpeg
7C6A82CB-DAA8-4D2E-8B3C-8878DB427665.jpeg
A1ABE358-7525-4B81-9AA1-3B7299F90D02.jpeg
 
CPS

CPS

Well-known member
I had a customer working on a film set lately, top secret! he was there to build a track, something like 4 miles into a mountain, and then remove and reinstate it back to original. We brought him a fixed brush for his Rototilt to clean the type one from between the rocks. The main guy on the set had a look at it and thought it might not do the job and asked if we had a hydraulic one? I said we could get him one but it would be close to £5k, he just clicked his fingers and said get it! o_O Problem was this was Friday and he wanted it for Mondayo_O The Fixed brush did the job well though.

The same day an older guy was walking about and I asked him ''how's it going today'' He said, have you ever built a tee pee? I said No, he said he had spent 2 days building one up, then these two young Americans came out of there caravan and said.... yea that looks great, took some videos and pictures and went back in.
They came out about 10 mins later and said, the director would like it moved about 10 ft that way:D so he had to start all over again.

Apparently they were paying young lads £200 a day to drive 4x4 gators up the mountain to move equipment and lighting etc..... I almost lost my apprentice to it😛 infact I almost went with him:ROFLMAO:

Some of the figures I heard on that job where colossal
 
Top