North West Paving
Active member
Got a ped roller a benford / terex MBR71 worked perfectly then one day just started pissing oil everywhere. Knocked it off and took it back to the yard today and stripped the engine off and had a look at first glance there was nothing suspicious anywhere and no obvious damage but as I pulled the dipstick out there was a lot of resistance and when it eventually came out oil splatted everywhere so drained the oil out and approx 3.5 4l came out then I’ve changed the oil filter and put fresh oil in but it’s took less than 1 1/2L and it runs perfect with no leaks and once it’d been run up pulled the dipstick out and came out normal
the oil was really thin but didn’t smell of diesel alls I am confused about basically is the roller has worked perfect for 18 months then all of a sudden put loads of oil out and now it’s back to normal
any ideas how the oil nearly tripled with no reason as to why it’s a hatz diesel engine
Jack
Jack