Terex HD1000 Bucket Not Lifting

L

LEONH16

Hi all,

I hope that this community can assist with a problem I am having with my trusty Terex HD1000 skip loader.

Recently the bucket will no longer lift.

I have drive and reverse, tip forward and tip backwards. And when I press the bucket down/lower button there is power.

However, the bucket up/lift there is nothing at all.

The yellow LED on solenoid connectors under the footplate light up for the tip forward and tip back when the button is pressed. And for the bucket lower. But Not when I press the bucket up/lift.

Any suggestions/troubleshooting ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Lee

jd6820

jd6820

Hi all,

I hope that this community can assist with a problem I am having with my trusty Terex HD1000 skip loader.

Recently the bucket will no longer lift.

I have drive and reverse, tip forward and tip backwards. And when I press the bucket down/lower button there is power.

However, the bucket up/lift there is nothing at all.

The yellow LED on solenoid connectors under the footplate light up for the tip forward and tip back when the button is pressed. And for the bucket lower. But Not when I press the bucket up/lift.

Any suggestions/troubleshooting ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Lee
Have you checked the button itself? They do fail. The connections for testing are at the base of the joystick control. Flip the lid up that give you access to the engine bay and have a look in the space below the joystick and you should see the connections check here to see if pressing the button causes one of the wires to switch 12v live. If it does then buttons are fine and you need to be looking under the dashboard at the row of relays one for each function.

L

LEONH16

Have you checked the button itself? They do fail. The connections for testing are at the base of the joystick control. Flip the lid up that give you access to the engine bay and have a look in the space below the joystick and you should see the connections check here to see if pressing the button causes one of the wires to switch 12v live. If it does then buttons are fine and you need to be looking under the dashboard at the row of relays one for each function.
Thanks for the reply. I'll check that tomorrow as I haven't just yet to be honest.

If it is the button, are these repairable? Or replacement only would you suggest?

I'll report back once I've done the test - and thanks again.

L

LEONH16

Thanks for the reply. I'll check that tomorrow as I haven't just yet to be honest.

If it is the button, are these repairable? Or replacement only would you suggest?

I'll report back once I've done the test - and thanks again.
Hi,

I have checked the connector and the problem does indeed seem to be with the switch on the joystick.

Do you know if the switches within the joystick are available and replaceable?

Or are we looking at a new joystick control?

I'm hopeful someone can advise that the switch/buttons can be purchased and replaced! Or if not then perhaps repaired.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Lee

jd6820

jd6820

Hi,

I have checked the connector and the problem does indeed seem to be with the switch on the joystick.

Do you know if the switches within the joystick are available and replaceable?

Or are we looking at a new joystick control?

I'm hopeful someone can advise that the switch/buttons can be purchased and replaced! Or if not then perhaps repaired.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Lee
Both are available, joystick through terex or dumper spares places. The switch is a specially sourced component, might have a couple left in my stash of components that i'd sell but they require you to be good with electronics and soldering as it isn't a simple plug in job hence why people replace the entire joystick. You could even send the joystick for repair, I'll test, fix it if required and return it to you.

L

LEONH16

Both are available, joystick through terex or dumper spares places. The switch is a specially sourced component, might have a couple left in my stash of components that i'd sell but they require you to be good with electronics and soldering as it isn't a simple plug in job hence why people replace the entire joystick. You could even send the joystick for repair, I'll test, fix it if required and return it to you.
Hi jd6820,

Thanks again. Good news that the buttons are available. My preference would be to try that first.

I can't find the button anywhere to buy after some extensive searching before your last reply was received.

In terms of fitting a button, if you have them available to post then I think I can fit it. I have done a fair bit of soldering - no expert but from what I can see it looks like two solders needed which I'm confident I can do.

Alternatively, I would be happy to send the joystick to you for repair.

Can you provide costs for both options please? Maybe a direct mail would be better perhaps but what ever you prefer.

Again, really appreciate your help with this. Great support from this community so far!

jd6820

jd6820

Hi jd6820,

Thanks again. Good news that the buttons are available. My preference would be to try that first.

I can't find the button anywhere to buy after some extensive searching before your last reply was received.

In terms of fitting a button, if you have them available to post then I think I can fit it. I have done a fair bit of soldering - no expert but from what I can see it looks like two solders needed which I'm confident I can do.

Alternatively, I would be happy to send the joystick to you for repair.

Can you provide costs for both options please? Maybe a direct mail would be better perhaps but what ever you prefer.

Again, really appreciate your help with this. Great support from this community so far!
Will message you with options and check my stock later to locate the buttons and go from there.