Squeaky tracks Take TB016

T

Tacitus

Active member
Hi there.
Can someone enlighten me on how to lubricate the 3 trackroller on the takeuchi tb016?
Your help is appreciated.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
would imagine they're sealed for life bearings ..... maybe their life span has expired??
 
jd6820

jd6820

Well-known member
Hi there.
Can someone enlighten me on how to lubricate the 3 trackroller on the takeuchi tb016?
Your help is appreciated.
You can't to my knowledge as they are sealed units like @V8Druid says. Jack the machine up, support it and provided your tracks ain't really tight you should be able to grab the rollers and check they turn freely and have no collapsed bearings. They shouldn't feel dry or loose, just solid/smooth but turn by hand.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
live and learn ..... looks to have separate seals and a filling point for bearing lube .... if you can get 'em out, fill 'em up ;)(y) .... great link BTW :cool:
1665684400467.png
 
T

topkit

Well-known member
My Yanmar started to squeek i ended up changing all of the bottom rollers and one Idler wheel the bearings were all shot. You probably can oil them looking at your diagram but if they have not been done before then its probably time to replace them anyway, don't over tension the tracks either!
 
Storrsy

Storrsy

Well-known member
I don't think I've used a TB216/016 that didn't squeak- especially in the dry. Must admit never really investigated it but always assumed it was the wear pads on the top
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member
Quite common to get stones in behind the idlers on small machines which can squeak when dry. I've actually taken tracks off my 219 recently to clean out track frame as it was so bad but hasn't made any difference it's just how they are. I'll check owners manual for the oiling but can't think I've ever seen anything about doing it.
 
6

6feetdown

Well-known member
jd6820

jd6820

Well-known member
Yes, the rollers turn freely and have no lateral play. The tracks are rather loose and need to be tensioned a bit more.
What got me thinking the rollers can be lubricated is the little plug that can be seen in the manual, page 5.
It seems to be a plug for the purpose of adding oil.

I'm afraid if the oil is leaking enough that it needs topping up then replacement would probably be your answer anyway. As they hold a very minimal quantity of oil, if any (a lot use sealed bearings, till you get up a few machine sizes).

If your rollers turn freely and have no play, then I'd say you are going to be looking elsewhere. Have you checked the idlers?
 
T

Tacitus

Active member
Tired of the squeak, I loosened the tracks a tad and applied grease on the embed bits that stick out of the rubber, the one that rub on the wear pad.
End of noise.
Now ... I doubt that the grease will last in that place, and I don't know what it will do to the wear pads when mixed with dust.
But it is surprisingly silent for now :giggle:
 
Top