Removal of steel tracks-little help please

muddyone

muddyone

New member
20210803_113316.jpg
20210803_113309.jpg

OK so have loosened of the track, and found the retaining bolt, does not look to have a retaining spring so... I am assuming it should just hammer out? Any tips? And which way? I assume the head shown is the thick end so I knock out from the inside of the track?
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
What are you going to do with the tracks once off? Looks to me like some new sprockets would be a good idea!
 
muddyone

muddyone

New member
Yep new sprockets and new rubbers, removed the tracks in one unit, so looking to sell.
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
So if you unbolt the sprockets, slide the whole lot off in one go, roll the tracks up with the pin still in situ! Fit new sprockets, while tracks off slide out the idlers, clean all the crap out, release all the grease fit new rubbers, any help?
 
muddyone

muddyone

New member
That's exactly what we did lol, gave up removing the pin. So now have two steel tracks for sale
 
Top