Permit to crush

D

DaveDCB

Anyone done one before?? Was going to crush on site tomorrow but the wife has been googleing and found things out which aren’t helpful 🤦‍♂️

Charlie

Charlie

Do these exemptions still stand?

Such T7 activities typically involve the use of small-scale/micro crushers and can include some mobile plant. It is an exempt activity ONLY if it satisfies ALL of the following specific conditions:
 No more than 20 tonnes of waste are treated over any period of one hour;
 No more than 200 tonnes of waste are stored at any one time;
 The waste is stored in a secure place (i.e. non accessible to the general public and from where waste cannot escape) prior to processing;
 The treatment is carried out at the place where the waste was produced OR at the location where the processed material is to be used;
 Any release of substances into air is trivial, i.e. will not cause pollution or will cause an insignificant pollution.

JD450A

JD450A

Feral as Fk 🐾
T7 Exists. In theory it is a Council approved permit, but in reality councils rarely know the ins and outs..... Just crack on crushing, make sure your not creating a noise or dust nuisance and you'll be fine.

D

DaveDCB

Perfect thanks for that, I conveniently only have a stockpile of 199 tons. It was the noise that was the issue With working on bank holiday.. not something I had really considered (i hate bank holidays!) Wife is more caring than me 🤣

D

DaveDCB

B68016E3-9AD1-46EA-A2D3-39AB18F7ACD9.jpeg

Opted for sunny Wednesday instead, sun in the eyes all day! 199tons(to the gram!) through before tea time, little 6ton earned it’s money that day!

D

DaveDCB

Tis my new yard & house incorporated… but everything I’m crushing here is going up to the yard you’ve been at to handstand it all. A good estimate is about 1500ton to crush when i get what I want on the place!

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Tis my new yard & house incorporated… but everything I’m crushing here is going up to the yard you’ve been at to handstand it all. A good estimate is about 1500ton to crush when i get what I want on the place!
in 199t loads of course ;):rolleyes::giggle:

D

DaveDCB

in 199t loads of course ;):rolleyes::giggle:
To be honest there isn’t enough space to do any more than that in one go, it’s a very long term job , just doing bits to it as we go.. handy to have a stockpile of decent 6f2 to go at 👍🏼

GazCro

GazCro

To be honest there isn’t enough space to do any more than that in one go, it’s a very long term job , just doing bits to it as we go.. handy to have a stockpile of decent 6f2 to go at 👍🏼
It's handy to have a decent heap to crush as you get a better mix going through and get a better binding hardcore out of it. A lot of outfits won't bring the size down as it slows the job down and you don't get enough fines in it and its f'in useless

T whiting

T whiting

It's handy to have a decent heap to crush as you get a better mix going through and get a better binding hardcore out of it. A lot of outfits won't bring the size down as it slows the job down and you don't get enough fines in it and its f'in useless
Theres a big advantage to making your own it's no full of clay someone is trying to sneak out there yard in the crush :mad:

GazCro

GazCro

Theres a big advantage to making your own it's no full of clay someone is trying to sneak out there yard in the crush :mad:
Yep cos you only get out what you put in. A lot of crushing seems to be done more as a means of making rubble into something which can be lost on site rather than making some good hardcore which can be used on site.

Giles

Giles

Happens so often! Funny how once you complain they send you the good stuff!! I’ve had them come back and pick it up before!

Will always try and recycle our own stuff on site to reuse, you just need space.. more than you think!
Who crusher was it, what tractor on it?

D

DaveDCB

A lad from Wilmslow, decent guy to know!
he put his old N reg 8230(think that’s the model!) on it, smelt abit hot after 9hours constant running! Normally has a big T7 on it, but trying to keep the hours of it.

Giles

Giles

A lad from Wilmslow, decent guy to know!
he put his old N reg 8230(think that’s the model!) on it, smelt abit hot after 9hours constant running! Normally has a big T7 on it, but trying to keep the hours of it.
might tap you up for his detail handy to know of a good crusher