Perkins engine delphi fuel pump problem

S

stickman

New member
Hello everyone,I have a manitou telescopic loader that will only take half revs,I've fitted a new fuel filter but still not revving fully,there was lots of dirt in the old filter,could the fuel pump be gunged up causing the problem and would it be knackered?
 
Bri963

Bri963

Well-known member
Hello everyone,I have a manitou telescopic loader that will only take half revs,I've fitted a new fuel filter but still not revving fully,there was lots of dirt in the old filter,could the fuel pump be gunged up causing the problem and would it be knackered?
Is there only one filter? Some Manis had two. If it’s steady at half revs it’s: more likely to be the throttle linkage sticking, the cable not letting the throttle have full travel, or, as a last resort, is your Feed from the tank clogged?
 
S

stickman

New member
Is there only one filter? Some Manis had two. If it’s steady at half revs it’s: more likely to be the throttle linkage sticking, the cable not letting the throttle have full travel, or, as a last resort, is your Feed from the tank clogged?
Hi,yes there is only one filter,the throttle cable is getting full travel. I'll try to check the feed from the tank soon,thanks for the help
 
Top