Painting – advice needed - KX015-4

Pascal

Pascal

Member
Ref: Kubota body panels lower rh/lh/rear protective covers kx015-4.

I intend to sand the parts then paint.
I have the, ‘Charcoal Blue’ paint (not spray).
Could anyone please tell me how to obtain the, ‘stipple’ effect?

Red Oxide primer or Autotek Grey primer – which would you advise?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Take care.
 
Pascal

Pascal

Member
Many thanks - will give that a try.
Any ideas on which Primer?
 
Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Well-known member
If you really want the bumpy/stipple effect, then you could try a coat of speckle spray between the undercoat and the topcoat? Would give the effect I guess?
 
Canal Navvy

Canal Navvy

Well-known member
Mixing the paint with white underbody shutz type stuff and putting on with a roller rings bells here 🤔
 
T

topkit

Well-known member
You could use a grey stone chip spray after it has gone off then over paint it the colour that you want.
 
Pascal

Pascal

Member
Thank you very much for your responses – much appreciated.
Some interested methods to try out.
Knowing how bad my painting skills are - I’ll go for the easiest!
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Or as usually happens, do a nice spray job on it and sweep the workshop floor while you wait! Make sure a couple of shovels worth of grinding dust on the floor first🤭
 
L

LKSF

Pennine Hillbilly
Google 'how to set up a spray gun properly' and do the opposite 😅
 
Pascal

Pascal

Member
Thanks very much for the info' on the roller. I'll get one ordered!
Famous last words - 'looks easy...' :)
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Thanks very much for the info' on the roller. I'll get one ordered!
Famous last words - 'looks easy...' :)
I've painted thousand of M2 with a fleece 'Tiger' roller .... can really put it on and get a very decent finish with practise (also easy to vary cover thickness too)
 
R

Russell

Well-known member
Upol raptor liner is a textured type of paint, give it a Google.

Spent many years on my marina van trying not to get the stipple effect! A sponge paint roller would probably do the job!
What do you think of international yacht paint?
I've just started painting the underside of the range rover with their two part stuff.
 
Top