one way of retaining staff

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better

" Skanska’s recent investment of £1m in cost-of-living support with one-off payments of £750 to around 1,300 employees. "

used to do it for my blokes if they needed to buy a vehicle or similar .. lend 'em the money and slowly recover it .... but as a broad-spectrum scheme I 'spose it'll stop 'em looking for rises for a while
 
GazCro

GazCro

Well-known member

" Skanska’s recent investment of £1m in cost-of-living support with one-off payments of £750 to around 1,300 employees. "

used to do it for my blokes if they needed to buy a vehicle or similar .. lend 'em the money and slowly recover it .... but as a broad-spectrum scheme I 'spose it'll stop 'em looking for rises for a while
Guess who's going pop next year or two but not before a govt bailout or two
 
TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Well-known member
Barratt Developments started the trend last year I believe

 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
Skanska sites are a bloody nightmare to get any work done on!! More red tape than bollards to wrap it around!

Same for kiers and I'm sure ameys and Balfour are the same.
However they do actually look after staff to be fair. Until they go bankrupt and take your pension pot with them.
Alsorts of incentives bonuses prize draws. To the point if you work for kiers there is some sort system that they will finance you to go out on your own as a subby and give you loads of work in return for a % of the business.
In return some of the jobs are pretty laid back, they have made it perfectly acceptable to not do anything in the name of health and safety
 
S

Stroppymonkey

Well-known member
Barratt Developments started the trend last year I believe

£1000 one off annual payment is about 50p an hour bonus. Not as much as people think
 
sobitlama

sobitlama

New member
when I worked on a farm near Chicago, they did the same for us, it really helps!
 
Top