Mobile broadband options?

CPS

CPS

Hi All,
Need mobile broadband for my office. Don't want the hassle of putting in a hard line. Does anyone have any recommendations? at the minute i use the mobile phone, which eats the battery and cuts in and out when you take a call!

Not something i'm clued up on, and was hoping for some recommendations before i go looking?

Thanks
Aiden

S

Smiffy

Whichever company has the best 4g signal in your area just get a WiFi dongle from them around 10 to 20 quid and has its own sim card and works like any other wifi box after that

doobin

doobin

I use a Three one at my yard, mainly because they were doing a special deal locally (presume sparenetwork capacity)- 100gb/month for £30.

An aerial can make a world of difference. This is a good one, and broadbandbuyer are ace to deal with. I get my network secutrity cameras from them too.

I stuck mine on a short pole at the apex of the workshop, so it's clear of all walls. Made a massive difference.

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
think this was discussed elsewhere a few weeks ago ... I can recall discovering I have no chance 'round here :(:( would be nice not to have to rely on a landline anymore (y)

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

We don’t use it know as we have fibre to the door. But we did use A 4g router which takes a SIM card and gives a WiFi signal to log on too.
The kit which is antenna, box and cables cost about £300.
We used a Vodafone contract sim which was £30/month for 50gig.

S

Smiffy

think this was discussed elsewhere a few weeks ago ... I can recall discovering I have no chance 'round here :(:( would be nice not to have to rely on a landline anymore (y)

Is that because the internet is poor for you or just easier not to have a landline
If it's the former have you looked at the satalite broadband
The farm I used to work for had it fitted £270 for the satalite installation and £30 a month after that
I couldn't tell you the company they used and not sure if it was some kind of grant scheme being a farm though

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Is that because the internet is poor for you or just easier not to have a landline
If it's the former have you looked at the satalite broadband
The farm I used to work for had it fitted £270 for the satalite installation and £30 a month after that
I couldn't tell you the company they used and not sure if it was some kind of grant scheme being a farm though
We tried satalite broadband and was not impressed. Problems with online banking and it could not cope with my wife’s direct line VPN connection meant it didn’t stay for long in this house!

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
Have EE here via buzz networks. Who facilitated the deal. Because I went through them I got a feee external aerial which works a treat.

CPS

CPS

Cheers for all the replies folks, il have a good read through when I get in later👍

F

fred

what we did on our euro road trip last year. I bought a pay as you go sim with unlimited data that worked in europe. Put it in an old iphone we had and made it a wifi 'hotspot' then left it plugged in the glove box. We all just connected to it and used its data. No worries about a massive bill if something went wrong as it was pay as you go.