Mecalac & Work

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Imo powder coating on to bare metal is ok for a TV stand, but no good for anything that’s outside. But I know people who have had PPC done on machines over the top of a good quality zinc primer and the results have been good, and very durable. I’ve had it done on galv fencing too.
PPC is very hard wearing, but if it’s on bare metal then one chip or scratch and it’s game over.

Best speak to the coating guys, they will be best to advise you (y)

What on the machines that have been powder coated?

in general James ..... not the cheapest of processes, but a decent alternative to hot dip ;)

Op_Alx24/7

Op_Alx24/7

So onto another day lol, and its been busy lots of sanding and grinding, removing stickers.
Also decided after a further conversation with Tom that the SMP is on the way to him for a
rebuild, I would take me some considerable time to do it, compared to what tom will turn it around in

So it was all packaged up and collected Mid afternoon will be back with me next week

7D996D55-B010-4F4D-BD23-6AE7D0F2C15E.jpg AE8B20FF-2D65-4474-A774-0845480E53D2.jpg 5D40EB4C-1C07-4993-98A6-E81F05535A58.jpg

Tomorrow involves more sanding down grinding and down right prep for painting

Thanks for looking

And a Side note yes the wheels are being Hot zinc primed (y) checked today

Op_Alx24/7

Op_Alx24/7

So out of time and out of the workshop, Not quite fully completed but joys of needing it back at
work tomorrow,

Wheels came out ok slightly wrong colour, may repaint them poss

BIDDLy50TLW6z0Ed3hjwIQ.jpg EtPQi0Z4Rrm3KY00eqG0Aw.jpg

Chassis now covered in grey, next chance will be all the running gear etc, then a chance to paint the upper half
bit undecided on colour as yet, but shell be back to work tomorrow for now

s0305lWbRVGMNSkux1tW6Q.jpg

0wqGcnKBTw2+Z79sc5cCog.jpg Sr0WHkVxRZqZEO6AwPXj4A.jpg fZPrbRLMSDSIrG%iybPzyQ.jpg

Also due to not filling the rear wheels with water stuck one of the counter weight packs on to see she
she performs before deciding further

MkLU2HPJSmizMjyL3wFYxA.jpg

Thanks for looking Alex