Loncin engine atv

diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
Small impact driver did it. Right hand thread. And levered the fly wheel off
20230115_125622.jpg
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Lay it on its side, undo the nut a few turns, go boil the kettle, pour the boiling water on the flywheel, put two pry bars under the flywheel, with a small hammer tap the shaft end! Might need to involve a second person with good aim for the hammer.
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
I see it’s still in the quad! Tilt it as much as you can for access.
 
diggerjones

diggerjones

Well-known member
I said I'd got fly wheel off in my first post 2 day. I just put 2 levers behind and it came of. Thought it was worth a try in stead of buying the proper threaded puller.
Any ideas how to mend castings.
20230115_132927.jpg
20230115_132955.jpg
20230115_125622.jpg
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
I have an idea, can you put the cases together and show me a pic from back and front when together, see if somehow you can put it together on the bench with the starter in it!🤷🏼‍♂️
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
clean off the worst of it and put it in the dishwasher, just before you take it to be TIG-ed back together .... needs to be VERY clean for best results
 
Top