Kubota KX015-4 need help/advice on getting it, 'looking good'.

Pascal

Pascal

Member
Hi,
I recently purchased a 2018 Kubota KX015-4, 1.5t mini digger which is in need of some paint/TLC.
What is the best way to apply the paint – brush or spray?
Do I need to sand down first – primer needed?
Any ideas on how to get the dent out?

I have attached a photo which may help?
P1000504 (2).JPG

Would appreciate any help/advice.
Would be nice to get the digger back to, ‘looking good’.
Take care.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
take the panels off and gently/carefully beat them back out with a planishing hammer on a stake or dolly ... with care you'll get it damned near as good as new (y)
 
S

Smiffy

Well-known member
If there was ever an advert for zero tail 1.5t tonners.....those poor kubotas with the big arses always get hammered.

Atleast they have metal bonnets. The jcb has the same size arse and a fibreglass Bonnet
 
Pascal

Pascal

Member
Many thanks for the advice – much appreciated. I am guessing that spraying is better than roller or brush?
 
T whiting

T whiting

Well-known member
Spraying is best you'll get brush marks if you brush paint it.
Nearly all the panels come off which makes painting and dent beating a lot easier
Get a good coat or 3 of primer on the panels it hides plenty of sins.

You can't beat a Wacker neuson for there back door made of 8mm steel like a skid steer and all round corners
 
Pascal

Pascal

Member
Spraying it is then. Good place to buy the paint - https://www.htsspares.com/ ?
Any recommendations on, ‘planishing hammer / stake or dolly’? There appears to be quite a few different ones available for sale.
Take care.
 
Pascal

Pascal

Member
Never thought of that... considering my skill at panel beating & painting (zero) that might be a good idea.
 
Pascal

Pascal

Member
I live about 2 hours drive from Inverness. Going there next week – will make enquiries…
I'm guessing taking the panels off is not too difficult?
 
Top