Kubota KX 41 Track Tensioner.

RonnieM

RonnieM

New member
Hello, I am planning to overhaul the track tensioners on my Kubota KX41-3, The cylinder rod's are corroded so I was thinking of using stainless rod, any thoughts on doing this i.e. is it to soft or am I as well using chrome as the last ones have lasted since 2007. Also does anyone know the length and diameter of the original rod?
Thanks
Ronnie.
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
Hello, I am planning to overhaul the track tensioners on my Kubota KX41-3, The cylinder rod's are corroded so I was thinking of using stainless rod, any thoughts on doing this i.e. is it to soft or am I as well using chrome as the last ones have lasted since 2007. Also does anyone know the length and diameter of the original rod?
Thanks
Ronnie.

Do you have the cylinders?
 
RonnieM

RonnieM

New member
I do but they are in the machine, last year I renewed the idlers and saw the pistons/rods were corroded so I cleaned them and thought I would leave them be.
Now I find they don't hold tension very long.
When they were out I measured them and If my memory serves me right they were 1 3/8" Diameter but I can't remember the length, so I was wondering if someone knew the length of the rods so I could get the rod's before I take it to bit's.
 
Top