Jcb

H

helpppp please.

New member
I have a jcb and have a slow crank I think the person I got it from did not wire in the starter right dose anyone have a pic of there 510-40 jcb telhand forkleft
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
What engine does it have in it? Do you have a photo of the starter motor?
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
How old? The new ones are really sluggish to turn over!
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Genuinely interesting when someone swaps from kubota/Takeuchi to JCB…. Would love to know the actual reason why they have done that? Other than a massive first order discount!
 
D

DaveDCB

Well-known member
Well yeah, one rep, one phone number to call when stuff needs servicing, one finance agreement to pay , job done! Chop it all back in for new again in 3 yrs time before warranty runs out!
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
Very hard to wire up a starter incorrectly! Your problem will most likely either be a lack of current getting to the starter or a dodgy starter.

Firstly check battery voltage or try it with a new battery or a jump start. Check all the terminals on the battery and the starter for corrosion. Check the main earth lead and connections from the battery to the chassis as this will give the same symptoms.
 
Top