JCB T4 540-140 HP fuel pump

S

Splosh

Member
Morning all,
Got to swap the high pressure fuel pumping a T4 JCB 540-140. Looks like an engine out job though, as there's not enough room between chassis and timing case to get special removal tool in.
Or is there a trick I'm missing?
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Morning all,
Got to swap the high pressure fuel pumping a T4 JCB 540-140. Looks like an engine out job though, as there's not enough room between chassis and timing case to get special removal tool in.
Or is there a trick I'm missing?
seem to recall Aiden @CPS saying the side mounted engines ain't a bad prospect to get out .. may even have said they'm on slideouts ..... was a long time ago though :unsure:
 
CPS

CPS

Well-known member
Morning all,
Got to swap the high pressure fuel pumping a T4 JCB 540-140. Looks like an engine out job though, as there's not enough room between chassis and timing case to get special removal tool in.
Or is there a trick I'm missing?
Yes it's engine out job I'm afraid.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Yes it's engine out job I'm afraid.
but was my memory correct about it being a railed, slide out job Aiden??? or is it spanners, sweat, blood and skin all the way
 
Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Well-known member
but was my memory correct about it being a railed, slide out job Aiden??? or is it spanners, sweat, blood and skin all the way
The engine is bolted directly to the bevel box, so it doesn’t just slide out as far as I know.
 
Top