JCB 8085 overheating

D

David F

New member
Hi all, we've got a small problem with our JCB. When tracking any sort of distance in warm weather its boiling the radiator but never when working, tracking only. I've heard they're notorious for this. It never heats any hydraulic oil etc, just the cooling system. All filters are clean, and we have taken of the exhaust and cleaned it out with no difference made. Does anyone know how to sort it out? Thanks in advance.
 
Mick-the-fitter

Mick-the-fitter

It’s what I do!
If it’s getting hot during tracking it’s probably putting hot oil through the cooler which I think is in front of the rad, so sucking the hot air through the radiator from the cooler!
 
Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Well-known member
Whip the R/H counterweight off and give the rad a proper wash out. It might look clean but in reality you can’t look at it square enough to see if it’s clear, you also can’t really wash it properly for the same reason. I think the oil cooler is beside the rad, but there must be some heat transfer when the oil is very hot?
 
Top