JCB 8014 not starting - suddenly. Please help

V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Hello again. I am still struggling with my JCB mini digger. I tested the starter motor ( by short connect) and it is working OK. The ignition barrel is OK , too. So, I suspected ECU/immobilizer, as there was no voltage to the barrel. I removed the ECU module (not easy job). I looked inside. All looks good, no water damage, no burned parts. Now I need to find someone who can test the unit or repair if faulty. Do you people know anyone? According to the net this part 332/E9912 was replaced with newer 728/E9493. Thanks for your help, so far.
View attachment 47842
What year is your 8014?
 
Richard Hunton

Richard Hunton

Well-known member
If your on facebook look up francis charles at FCS spares and Dale Hinds, both dedecated JCB parts suppliers
 
Goodwill Man

Goodwill Man

Member
Gentlemen, I am looking for electric diagram for JCB 8014 . I searched the net but can't find anything useful. Can anyone help in the matter, please.
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Gecko

Gecko

Well-known member
would have to sign up to download though ...
That's less effort than buying a new machine!

There is also fleabay - gbp5 will get you a scan (If it's the right manual)
 
D

davezx10

New member
Hallo, greetings to all Members

My JCB 8014 (mini digger) was working perfectly for over 2 years. But today I had difficulty to start. After few trials it started. I moved it to place of digging and switched it OFF. Came back after 5 minutes and could not start it again. Turn the key into 2nd position , two red dash lights ON (battery light and one below), beep sound ON, then turn the key into ignition position 3 …. and nothing. Absolutely nothing. If I remember well, before after turning the key into ignition (position 3) I had two amber dash light coming ON (on the right side of the display). Now, nothing. The battery is fully charged (12.8 V). I checked all 5 fused, they are OK. User manual book has no trouble shooting pages. This model has no key pad for security code. I will be very grateful for any suggestions. I am based in Surrey and couldn’t find any local JCB specialist. Thank you for reading.
Hello,did you manage to get this problem fixed. It happened to me twice on 2012 8014, 1st time it was something to do with immobilizer in ECU, needed plugging in to diagnostics on laptop to put updated program in and now ok. Local plant engineer did it with JCB software. 2nd time was battery kill switch that was faulty, ingnition lights came on but as soon as turned to start everything went off.
 
heritage machining

heritage machining

Well-known member
Is it a Perkins engine can it be started by hot wiring the stop solonoid and starter most can
 
Top