Is there a common time in your life for things going wrong? Sorry, just a rant!

L

LKSF

Pennine Hillbilly
In my life at least, if it's going to break, snap, go up in smoke, fall off or just give up the ghost it's in the evening.
Every ****ing time!
I'm far from normal 😄 so start late and finish late and it's guaranteed it will get stuck or break at between 5pm and 7pm Monday to Friday. That's if it's a relatively easy fix - like walking home and leaving the bloody thing steaming in a pond of mud or whatever.
2 days ago the microswitch on the digger popped open and the whole thing ground to a halt at 6pm. What was I doing? Pulling the chuffin' dumper out of the mud it had sunk in at 5.30!
Tonight I heard that clunky rattle as the track fell off the digger in a field somewhere. The time? 6.30pm :rolleyes:
If it's really bad and needs new parts it'll be Saturday or Sunday evening.

I've never once had anything break in the morning!
 
B

bobthebuilder

Well-known member
Usually Friday afternoon when I’m trying to get a plumbers finish something goes wrong .
I hate looking for live services after 3pm on Fridays. That’s tempting fate .
when working with my plumber and its 330 friday afternoon,we have a knowing look ,before cutting a live pipe its time to pack up and go home
 
hiluxman

hiluxman

Well-known member
What you mean to ask, is what time does things go as planned.

Life is fix s**t, more s**t breaks, s**t breaks when it's worst time for it.
Jobs s**t, lifes wank. But we wake up and carry on.

If I didn't laugh at how s**t it was at times I'd just want to curl up n cry.
 
Shovelhands

Shovelhands

Well-known member
Obviously nothing is going to break down in the workshop when the heating is on with parts in stock.. always in a mud bath somewhere inhospitable! 😢
I’ve just had a machine back in the yard for what must have been 6 weeks, doing repairs and essential maintenance. She went out and straight to work, so far I’ve got the engine overcooling and on Friday afternoon a steering ram completely sh!t itself! Both would be much easier repairs sat in the yard! now it’s bollock deep in shite and on site….
 
Top