Hi just wondered if anybody could identify this centrifugal clutch.It is on a wacker plate and the engine is a honda g100 ,the drive shaft comes throu

C

Chris holness

New member
Hi just wondered if anybody could identity this clutch it is on a Wacker plate but has no identification marks.The engine is a Honda g100.The drive shaft comes from the engine through a steel plate with lifting eye then a washer then a housing for the clutch shoes that has 2 lugs for the shoes to locate then another washer and finally a piece that the pulley locates on.Please see pics.Also what is the best way to remove the clutch as I would like to replace the engine.

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20200325_064643.jpg
    IMG_20200325_064643.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 668
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Hi just wondered if anybody could identity this clutch it is on a Wacker plate but has no identification marks.The engine is a Honda g100.The drive shaft comes from the engine through a steel plate with lifting eye then a washer then a housing for the clutch shoes that has 2 lugs for the shoes to locate then another washer and finally a piece that the pulley locates on.Please see pics.Also what is the best way to remove the clutch as I would like to replace the engine.

Thanks
tha's a hell of a title Chris ....... may take the prize for the longest yet :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ;):p .... have you any more pix please Boyo
 
doobin

doobin

Well-known member
LS engineers would be a good place to start looking
 
C

Chris holness

New member
Hi thanks new to this technology I thought I had put more pics on but obviously failed miserably, will try again .Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20200325_064202.jpg
    IMG_20200325_064202.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_20200325_064635.jpg
    IMG_20200325_064635.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_20200325_064213.jpg
    IMG_20200325_064213.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_20200325_064643.jpg
    IMG_20200325_064643.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 364
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
well you've a few bits to have a pull against with a puller .... might have to make summat up though .. get it set up and tensioned... if it doesn't budge .. a little heat to the boss and a firm wack on the puller should shock it enough to let go .... assume there's a bearing on that boss carrying the drive pulley to the wobble unit ??
 
C

Chris holness

New member
well you've a few bits to have a pull against with a puller .... might have to make summat up though .. get it set up and tensioned... if it doesn't budge .. a little heat to the boss and a firm wack on the puller should shock it enough to let go .... assume there's a bearing on that boss carrying the drive pulley to the wobble unit ??
Thanks
Will give this a try
 
N

nflutter

New member
Did you get any joy with this? I've got exactly same clutch on an old Ammann whacker I've been given and the clutch seems to sit too far back (near the engine) so the pullies don't line up and the belt keeps coming off. Did you manage to pull yours or is there something else? Thing is that mine is very slightly moving in out on the crank, its not the crank moving but the clutch assembly moves maybe half a mm in out. I just want to the clutch assembly maybe 10mm away from the engine then the pullies will line up, any help appreciated.
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
they often have a spacer pretty crude to space the pulley out to the main mech..
 
N

nflutter

New member
Yeah I did think about a spacer but when the pulley is in the correct position it actually exposes nearly 10mm of the friction linings so it seems the whole clutch assembly is just not in the correct position on the shaft. Can't find any other way to adjust the pulley alignment, thought maybe the engine or wobble unit could be moved to align but everything seem to be in a fixed position with no adjustment possible. I'll try a puller today and see if I can re position the assembly.
 
Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
That’s how some plates I have seen are aligned around a 10 mm spacer pushing the whole clutch outward
 
N

nflutter

New member
So take the whole clutch off the crank, put a spacer in then put clutch back on? Sounds like that might do the job. I'll try when I get chance and let you know how I get on. Cheers
 
Top