Heat pumps

Furniss

Furniss

Thinking of putting one in a small cottage - single room about 50m2.
Air/air
Anyone any expérience of them ?

Something like that.

Screenshot_20240105_154442_Chrome.jpg

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

We have a heat pump for our swimming pool. It works great as we only use it in the summer. When they all struggle is when it is cold outside. Make sure you have well insulated and draft proofed before even thinking of using one.
Is electric much cheaper in France than the Uk?

Furniss

Furniss

We have a heat pump for our swimming pool. It works great as we only use it in the summer. When they all struggle is when it is cold outside. Make sure you have well insulated and draft proofed before even thinking of using one.
Is electric much cheaper in France than the Uk?
At present its log burner and electric wall heaters - so might be the way to go....... wins by 3/4 times over normal electric radiators and then wood burner for the occasions when its proper cold.

TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

At present its log burner and electric wall heaters - so might be the way to go....... wins by 3/4 times over normal electric radiators and then wood burner for the occasions when its proper cold.
I like the wood burner back up!! 👍👍👍
The only other problem we have had is finding someone to look at it when it played up. Make sure you have someone local that can work on it when out of warranty. The manufacturer of ours doesn’t want to know out of warranty!!

Furniss

Furniss

I like the wood burner back up!! 👍👍👍
The only other problem we have had is finding someone to look at it when it played up. Make sure you have someone local that can work on it when out of warranty. The manufacturer of ours doesn’t want to know out of warranty!!
Good advice cheers - I wanted to pick your brains re Christmas tree planting too :)

Lancs Lad

Lancs Lad

but how much do you stick in the wood burner to keep it properly warm ?
That's another topic...he's after air to air...I was thinking more just that the unit itself has been ok...it's the bigger picture of that ashp and old houses with rads don't work to well...🤨 But tbf we've got it fairly sussed now ...and yes stoves never out ☺️