Firstly, hello! Secondly, Thoughts on a Hyundai 125 lcr-9

Muckster

Muckster

Member
Hi folks
First post on here but some of you might recognise me from the CEforum (is that a swear word over here?!)

There seems to be a very decent and non judgemental support network here which is nice to be a part of, hope I can help out too at some point!

Im looking to fill a gap in the fleet, I have a kubota kx080-3a, a Daewoo 170lc-V and a Hitachi EX60-3 💪

The EX60 has been with me since I started in 2005 and has rarely let me down, it can really punch above its weight and on 600 steels will go over peat bogs you could hardly walk on. Unfortunately it’s having some pump issues after a rebuild, theres a washer between the swash plate and the slipper which has disintegrated 😩

I was looking at a direct replacement with a Case CX75 or Kobelco SK70sr, but I now have two house builds coming off involving a fair amount of muck shifting and road building.

The Hyundai 125 was brought to my attention by a salesman at Taylor & Braithwaites, after discussing my plans for a Kobelco which had just sold overseas after having its own pump issues!

Basically I’m thinking that the 125 will be a very versatile machine that I can move easily with tractor & trailer, and it’ll squeeze in to some tight spots!

Any views, thoughts, experiences would be appreciated!

Cheers
Martin
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Hi folks
First post on here but some of you might recognise me from the CEforum (is that a swear word over here?!)

There seems to be a very decent and non judgemental support network here which is nice to be a part of, hope I can help out too at some point!

Im looking to fill a gap in the fleet, I have a kubota kx080-3a, a Daewoo 170lc-V and a Hitachi EX60-3 💪

The EX60 has been with me since I started in 2005 and has rarely let me down, it can really punch above its weight and on 600 steels will go over peat bogs you could hardly walk on. Unfortunately it’s having some pump issues after a rebuild, theres a washer between the swash plate and the slipper which has disintegrated 😩

I was looking at a direct replacement with a Case CX75 or Kobelco SK70sr, but I now have two house builds coming off involving a fair amount of muck shifting and road building.

The Hyundai 125 was brought to my attention by a salesman at Taylor & Braithwaites, after discussing my plans for a Kobelco which had just sold overseas after having its own pump issues!

Basically I’m thinking that the 125 will be a very versatile machine that I can move easily with tractor & trailer, and it’ll squeeze in to some tight spots!

Any views, thoughts, experiences would be appreciated!

Cheers
Martin
Hi there fella .. Welcome ... no more poles down here recently then ;)

WP_20160323_12_57_56_Pro.jpg WP_20160323_13_13_24_Pro.jpg WP_20160323_13_41_02_Pro.jpg

How much is a recon pump for the 'devil you know'??:unsure:
 
Muckster

Muckster

Member
Hi there fella .. Welcome ... no more poles down here recently then ;)

View attachment 17869 View attachment 17870 View attachment 17868

How much is a recon pump for the 'devil you know'??:unsure:
Hi Gram!
Hope you are well 😊
Thanks for the pics!!
Unfortunately not had anymore work in the shire, although it was a bloody looong drive home 😵 😁
Complete waste of time really as that project was canned, they’ll make good perching poles for the birds I s’pose....

Well, that’s the next option, I’ll need to do some research. Can’t imagine it’ll be overly expensive for that digger. Any suggestions for where to look?
 
V8Druid

V8Druid

do it as well as you can,but learn to do it better
Hi Gram!
Hope you are well 😊
Thanks for the pics!!
Unfortunately not had anymore work in the shire, although it was a bloody looong drive home 😵 😁
Complete waste of time really as that project was canned, they’ll make good perching poles for the birds I s’pose....

Well, that’s the next option, I’ll need to do some research. Can’t imagine it’ll be overly expensive for that digger. Any suggestions for where to look?
I'm pretty fair thanks Martin (y) ... bet it was a bloody long drive :oops::oops: ... rest of the pix I took that day below for you Boyo ;) ....
I've no idea WTF to look for a pump for yon 'Tachi, but bet there'll be a few here who could offer good advice ...

my only suggestion'd be Whitehouse Products, up your end of the country

Can't believe this was March '16 !! o_O:oops: ..... 'twere a big ol' pole that
WP_20160323_12_56_06_Pro.jpg WP_20160323_12_56_43_Pro.jpg WP_20160323_12_57_05_Pro.jpg WP_20160323_12_57_27_Pro.jpg WP_20160323_13_13_13_Pro.jpg
WP_20160323_13_13_24_Pro.jpg WP_20160323_13_16_04_Pro.jpg WP_20160323_13_16_14_Pro.jpg WP_20160323_13_41_10_Pro.jpg
 
Muckster

Muckster

Member
Aye, it sure was a big ‘un! I also laid some concrete bases in for lattice towers on the west coast of Scotland. To steep and boggy for moving the concrete over land so we used a helicopter to fly the concrete from roadside to site!
it sounds ridiculously expensive but we could do 4-5 sites a day with that process. I’ll try to dig out some pics 🚁
 
TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Well-known member
Can’t comment on the Hyundai but I replaced my E60-5 with a Kobelco Sk75. I have the conventional boom not the king post and have been very impressed with it in the 9 months we have had it. It is a 2014 with 3500hrs.
 
J

Jimoz

Well-known member
Why didn't you just get a helichopter in on that little last tricky job of yours @JD450A
 
Muckster

Muckster

Member
Can’t comment on the Hyundai but I replaced my E60-5 with a Kobelco Sk75. I have the conventional boom not the king post and have been very impressed with it in the 9 months we have had it. It is a 2014 with 3500hrs.
Hi Shaun
I hired an SK75 a few years ago, (funnily enough it was on the project mentioned above) and like you I was very impressed with it! I personally much prefer a monoboom but the knuckle booms can't be denied as far as versatility goes. Did you try the knuckle boom version?
 
TiltyShaun

TiltyShaun

Well-known member
Hi Shaun
I hired an SK75 a few years ago, (funnily enough it was on the project mentioned above) and like you I was very impressed with it! I personally much prefer a monoboom but the knuckle booms can't be denied as far as versatility goes. Did you try the knuckle boom version?
In a word No!!
We have an older Kubota 3tonner with an Engcon and the Kobelco was purchased to give us extra lift and reach when dealing with steel cages on a job we had secured. As the plan is add an Engcon when a suitable one is available it made more sense to me to have the better balance than the mono boom has.
 
Top