First full function tig with HF to work from a Battery.

L

Lorch UK

Morning,

Not sure if the is the best part of your forum for posting this link, but I thought that this may be of interest to those involved in the repair and Maintanance of construction plant.

First ever Battery powered full function 200 amp Tig and Stick welder ideal for Machinary repairs without the need for mains extension cables or generators although it can also be used from 115/230v supply either from mains or generator

Mogman

Mogman

What man as done, man can do, what never has,maybe
Bet that will hammer the batteries :whistle:

Regy53

Regy53

I like cake
Dropped underneath load and still able to weld 😂 like this is a required thing

O

oldchips

So what? Battery voltage? Battery drain current per amp of output current? How does it step 24V up to something usable? How much do the batteries to do 15 minutes maximum current welding weigh?

A TIG welder is just a mains to DC power supply with all the fancy electronics running from the DC rail. If you wanted to experiment then just connect a stack of batteries in series to match the internal voltage rail, and weld away, just the same. If it needs AC to run the contoller then add a small, 1kVA, generator to it.

Seems pointless to me when a generator will work just as well. I bought one of the Evolution petrol engines with optional generator etc. The point being that each part, engine, alternator, was man handleable in a wood. Only 2.5kVA so limited.