thanks for posting that KM ... a real piece of history - RIP Paddy
I used to have a customer who was a Messchersmitt ME109 pilot .. and fiercely proud of it tooAbout 10-12 years ago I had a regular customer what was a WW2 spitfire pilot . He was too young for the Battle of Britain, but flew in Burma. Proper old bastard he was.
Different breed for sure. Goes back to the post I made the other day about tough times making tough people…..
Sounds good, I'm still on "Chickenhawk" from your last recommendation!I read ‘First Light’ by Geoffrey Wellum whilst on holiday a couple of weeks ago - it’s his first-hand account of being a (17 year old!) fighter pilot from the start of the Second World War. Fantastic book I’d recommend to anyone with a passing interest in this sort of thing.
Excellent idea.New thread idea- Monkeys book club.
Excellent idea.
I used to read a fair bit, I need to start again.
Nothing better than a good book while the Mrs watches endless soap bollix on TV...
ditto, but find youtube a better distraction these days ... amazing selection of content and headphones block all the background noiseExcellent idea.
I used to read a fair bit, I need to start again.
Nothing better than a good book while the Mrs watches endless soap bollix on TV...
Noise cancelling headphones are the best move in tech for agesditto, but find youtube a better distraction these days ... amazing selection of content and headphones block all the background noise![]()
out