Exporting plant in 2021...Brexit deal, great residual loss

Furniss

Furniss

Well-known member
In no plant dealer but normally buy 2 or 3 machines a year from the UK ,I keep the odd thing and move the rest on and TBF the export market would probably stand another 10% and to my knowledge uk would still be cheapest place to buy plant in europe even with rising transport costs........ residuals probably will be hit slightly but not enough to make anyone notice.
Could help JCB residuals ?
 
F

fred

Well-known member
90% of my kit comes from end users and small business

Somewhere 10% needs to be found.

I get it may change what the big boys do but it may also cause prices to fall 10% across used plate in the UK, with increased purchase costs. Everybody will want price hikes and the little customers may not pay it? of course there has to be a balance but in the immediate future working out how this will settle will be interesting. Hopefully its cheaper kit all round

Perhaps it will settle 5% all round.

I would imagine if I asked you all to just wipe 10% of your asset register you wouldn't be overally happy. Thats all i am getting at

i wouldn't worry about it, it will be the same for all your competitors at the end of the day so the market will find its level as it always does. If anything plant is overpriced at the moment so a correction is due.
 
Top